22

Ambulance was spacious enough for both girls. As I was the only witness and my knees were bleeding they took me in too.

On our way to hospital, paramedic were trying best to keep them breathing.
I closed my esyes thinking how this evening turned from happy to knowing truth then this.

Both were admitted in the hospital, I was taken to room, so that they could check on my cuts, they took out pieces of glass which tore my skin open.
When nurse asked how this happened I shrugged saying don't know, to which she was shocked because those glasses could have cut wrong nerve and I would have been paralysed.

I didn't say anything.

A nurse came to me saying as those girls didn't have any family members and there was no record of kidnapping or missing complaints police was also was not much help. So their bills have to be paid by me

I took out my card and gave it to receptionist, she gave me bill and only 20 dollars were left in my card.
Which would be enough till my next payment.

I asked nurse to update me on their progress and if anything else needed to let me know. Nurse told me I can use waiting, she will give me updates of their condition.

I don't know when I fell asleep, but by the time I woke up it was morning already.

I washed my face and took a coffee. When I was sipping my coffee a young and very good looking Dr. and nurse from earlier came to me.

"You are family of patient in room no. 34and 35" Dr. asked. I nodded, "well we can't tell you anything for sure, as they are really in bad condition with lots of blood loss and external and internal injuries, patient from room no. 34 is suffering from blood clotting in brain and also lots of swelling, her 6 ribs are broken with punctured lungs. And patient from room no. 35 is suffering from low pulse, broken backbone, fracture left leg and hand with 4 broken ribs." he took a deep breath and looked up from paper.
"We can't be sure for now, because if at all they survive it would be miracle as they both are really in bad condition, if you hadn't arrived on time they would have died." he gave the reports to nurse and stood straight. "Anyways what is you relation with both patient?" he question.

"Actually Dr. yesterday night was the first time I saw them." I replied.

"You have very big heart miss." he stopped.

"Eva." I offered my name.

"Okay, Eva we will wait for their progress and till now we can just hope and pray that they both make it alive." he gave me small smile and walked away.

I nodded to no one in particular.

I requested a nurse to book a cab for me as my phone was dead. I thanked her and headed towards Emma's building.

I gave driver his money and walked out of door.

I unlocked the door, I open it to find everyone standing and staring at me, with one extra member. London.

Shit!!!!

I made them worry about me, again.
But what was he doing here?

"Eva what happened to you? Why your legs are wrapped in bandage?" Emma asked. I didn't answer her question, I walked inside my room and locked it.

I took a shower and cried for those girls, cried for me and lastly cried for that pain which was killing me. I dry my body and hair with towel, thank god bandage was water proof or else I had to change them.

After dressing up I walked out of room to find them standing in the same position I left them.
Emma hugged me. "Eva would you please tell me what happened?, where were you?, What happened to your legs. Please Eva." she rambling.