35. Always and Forever

Start from the beginning

She finally lost consciousness well before the door swung open, revealing Marcel. 

His eyes widened at the scene before him and he ran to the bed, almost immediately biting into his wrist and pressing it against her lips, the blood flowing down her throat and into her system. The physical wounds began to mend, the pouring blood coming to a stop. 

Marcel grabbed the blade and set it on the dresser before turning back to his little sister, his heart racing. 

❌❌❌

The next day. 

Poppy lived, and, after a long heartfelt discussion with Marcel, he barely let her out of his sight. However, he did trust Thierry to watch over her when he was tending to business, especially with Klaus, who had come to the city in search of a witch named Jane-Anne Deveraux, who was supposedly conspiring against him. She was killed for using magic, though. 

At the given moment, Elijah Mikaelson spoke on the phone to his sister, Rebekah, standing on a balcony. 

"You mean to tell me, after all these years, Marcel is alive and well?"

"Quite. Our brother seems to have wandered into a war zone. And I haven't been able to find him. Marcel, who Klaus sired and brought up beneath his own wing, now rules a menagerie of savage vampires running wild, killing in public for any human to come upon. Witches are held in subjugation. I doubt Niklaus had any idea what he was walking into." Elijah replied, looking out at the city. 

"Sorry, what was that? I stopped paying attention at 'our brother'."

"Rebekah."

"Our hateful, traitorous bastard of a brother, who's negated any sympathy I once had for him by his repeated efforts to ensure neither you nor I know happiness outside of his own selfish universe."

"Always and forever, Rebekah, that is what we once swore to each other." Elijah told her, holding the phone against his ear.

"Consider this me calling take-backs."

"Well, you've called take-backs dozens of times over the centuries and yet when our father found us and chased us from this very city..." He trailed off.

"I may be old, Elijah, but I'm hardly senile. I know very well I stuck with Klaus, and not three years later he stuck a silver dagger in my chest and sent me into a magical slumber for ninety years. Do you know why? Because I had the audacity to try and live my life on my own without him."

"Enough. I believe our brother's in trouble, so whatever is going on between Marcel and the witches, it's dire enough that they'd risk bringing an Original back to town. The witches have lured him here, I'd like to know why." Elijah paused, taking a deep breath. "Rebekah, there's something you need to know. It's about our niece."

"Is everything okay?"

"I overheard Marcel speaking to Klaus about her earlier...he said that she attempted suicide yesterday. I had no idea that she had been suffering." 

"Oh my god..please tell me that she's all right, Elijah. Have you seen her?" 

"No, I haven't seen her, Rebekah, and that's what infuriates me." Elijah clenched his jaw, then relaxed it. "How could we be so blind?"

"Some people hide it better than others..call me when you see her."

"I will." Elijah told her, hanging up. 

❌❌❌

Elijah stood in a cemetery with a witch, Sophie Deveraux, Jane-Anne's mourning sister.