Chapter 51: You're the one

Start from the beginning

Didn't we have fun?
Didn't we have fun, looking back?
Didn't we have fun?
Didn't we have fun?
Didn't we have fun?
Didn't we have fun, looking back?
Didn't we have fun?
Didn't we have fun?

We were so beautiful
We were so tragic
No other magic could ever compare

This song, was beautiful. But what was more beautiful was Mason singing it. The whole while, he was looking at me. It was like, as if he was saying it to me. It was like, he was talking to me through the song. And his voice was amazing. He sings better than me. This boy was the only one who could do everything, perfectly. And I think, that yes, our memories, We were tragic, beautiful, and no magic can ever compare. I was so in love with him.

Everyone was clapping. Then they put the music on the player and some were dancing. This night was nice, everyone was carefree.

And I wanted nothing more than to go and scream that I love Mason.

__________________________

I was sleeping when I heard Mason's voice.

"Derina, wake up." He was whispering. And shaking me a little. Wait what was he doing in here? Boys were not allowed to come here. I thought I was listening his voice in my dream.

I opened my eyes. Wide. He was really there. Oh my God. I was about to scream. He was wearing the hoody on top, his face was dark because the lights were off. He had a torch pointing to his face. He looked scary. I opened my mouth and I guess he figured so he clamped his hand on my mouth to prevent me from screaming. Then he did the 'sshhh' thing with his finger. I nodded a little and he took his hand off.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I whisper yelled and hit him on the arm.

"Ow, I couldn't sleep." He said.

"So? What am I supposed to do? Sing you a lullaby?" I asked him and sat up on the bed. He rolled his eyes.

"Let's go for a walk."

____________________________

It was 4am I guess. I was practically dragged out of my bed. I wanted to sleep.

But I was with Mason, so I guess, I didn't want to complain. I was actually glad that he came to me. I wonder why. But whatever.

"You must be thinking why I came to get you." He said.

We were walking silently through the trail. There were trees all around. It seemed to be like a forest. I didn't reply, I just looked at him.

"Nightmares suck. Being with you, makes me forget. Everything." He was not looking at me while talking. But I couldn't take my eyes off him.

"Me?" I asked.

"You don't give yourself half as much credit as you actually should." He shook his head with the hint of a smile.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"That you're a wonderful person."

I don't know but I kind of blushed at that sentence. The most wonderful person in my life, was saying the same to me.

"You know Mason, nightmares come only when we think alot about the things that scare us. Learn to let go the past. You're still stuck."

"And I always will be. It's not that easy. I can live without my sister, but the horrible scene is stuck in my head. It can never come out." He took a deep breath. His breathing, my breathing, the grass and leaves crunching, was the only sound.