Chapter 45: Catching up

Sorry for the late update.
Happy Reading:)

_________________________

Derina's POV-

I had a hard time sleeping last night. I just couldn't process the news that I got yesterday.

I got up and then got ready as fast as I could. I wanted to skip meeting or even seeing Mason. And now it felt impossible because I was staying at his house. I dragged my feet down as softly as possible. I reached the kitchen without getting spotted. But hey, I wasn't that lucky. Mason was in the kitchen. I quickly turned around to walk directly out of the house. I could run but Cassandra came in front of me.

"Derina, did you have breakfast?" She asked. I closed my eyes. Shit shit. Now Mason knows I'm here.

"Um- no, I was just-"

"Come, have breakfast. I won't let you leave the house without eating." She pulled me back with her.

I stole a glance at Mason and he was looking at me with that penetrating gaze. It was like, he knew I was trying to avoid him. But did I mention that he looked so hot, he was in his workout clothes. Why couldn't he just be ugly so that it could be easy for me to ignore him?

I sat at the table with food in front of me. I knew that Mason was staring. I just couldn't eat. I didn't even feel hungry. I ate some food and then got up. Thank God Cassandra wasn't here. While we were eating, we didn't talk a word. The only noise was of the servants.

"Derina wait." Mason said calmly. He wasn't even panicking now that I knew about his engagement. That sounds so bad. His engagement.

I thought it would always be like our engagement.

"I'm getting late." I said and didn't even turn to face him because facing him was hard, facing him would make me weak and give in to him.

"But Derina we need to talk." I could tell he was walking closer. So I started walking forward.

"I don't think so." I said and picked my bag from the living room. He caught my arm and turned me around. Okay I didn't know he was walking so close to me.

"Look just listen to me plea-"

"There's no explanation Mason." I said and turned again so he left my hand. Much to my surprise. His touch still had the effect on me. I liked that feeling alot.

"Fine. You want to play that game?"

I didn't reply to that because I knew what he meant. Ignore ignore game. Or he won't leave me alone. He'll keep bothering me till I listen to him.

He ran ahead of me and directly out of the house. What the hell was he up to?

I walked out of the door and Mason was crouching near the tire of my car. He was freaking puncturing it. He was unbelievable. I'm so going to kill him one day.

"What is wrong with you Mason? Why would you do that?" I asked and walked towards him.

He was smirking."Nothing. I'll just change and then we'll go to college together."

"I'm not going with you. I'll take another car." I said and looked at the guards.

"Hell no. It's my house, my cars, my rules. You are coming with me." He said and gestured for his guards. I narrowed my eyes at him but he was just smirking at my lack of replies. "Don't let her move from here. Shoot her if she moves." He said and the guard, Jackson I guess, nodded. I'm so going to punch that guard.

I was leaning on my car and waiting for Mason to be back.

I was angry. Yes. Very angry. The love of my life was getting engaged. It's a very big deal.