Chapter 18: Beach

Hey guys!

Happy Reading:)

____________________________________

Derina's POV-

I was seated in Nathan's car and he was driving. He had taken me out of there. It was so dramatic. I don't believe he left Kyra like that.

How could he do that when she was crying. He should've explained to her that nothing was going on between me and him ever. But the way he took me out of there, everyone along with Mason must be thinking that there's something fishy here. Why do I care about Mason? I have no idea.

"You shouldn't have done this Nathan." I say calmly. He was angry I guess. He stopped in front of his house. He got out and opened my door. I got out and walked behind him into his house. I've been here more than thousand times.

"Go to my room, I'll just tell Mom to send something up." He said to me and walked towards the kitchen. I went to his room. There were photos in his room too. There were photos of him playing football. And photos of all of us when we were kids. Nathan and I have always been close. I was smiling.

"So, uh- look," He started saying. I didn't realize when he entered. "I do like Kyra but you being with Mason is fUcking irritating me." He said and dragged his hand through his hair in frustration.

"What?" I said not understanding where he was heading.

"I have always wanted you to be mine Derina. You never felt the same and never understood my feelings." He said. I was living under a rock all this while.

"Look Nathan, I-" He cut me off.

"I think I love you Derina." He said. He was standing across me. My eyes widened. My mouth open. Words weren't coming out of my mouth.

"I- Nathan- I don't know what to say-" I said and ran my fingers through my hair. "I've never lead you on. You know I was never interested in dating and all the stuff. I always thought of you as a best friend, that's it. And about Mason and me. There's nothing between us." I said. He was looking at me. "Yet." I said. Yeah I was surprised too.

"Exactly. Why him Derina?" He almost shouted. I flinched. He was a player in school from the moment we started understanding everything about relationships and hooking up.

"How dare you question my choice Nathan? All you've done for all our lives is fUck with a different girl every two days." I was angry now. "And on top of this you expect me to understand your feelings for me?" I shouted. I started walking towards his door.

"Derina wait." He caught my arm and yanked me back.

"We are done here Nathan. And please do one thing for me. Apologize to Kyra." I said and ran down the stairs. His Mother met me halfway. She saw my bloodshot eyes.

"Dare? What happened to you?" She asked me.

"Ask your son Theresa." I told her.

I ran down and called for my driver and rushed home.

Shit I'll have to talk to Mason, about everything.

I went home and calmed myself down. Jessica had texted me that she, Nick and Dan had complained about Maya. She wasn't going to be able to continue her fUcking magazine.

I freshened up and plopped on my bed. I was tired due to today's events.

A knock on my door caught my attention. "Come in."

"Derina can I talk to you?" Mom asked me.

"Yeah." I said and sat up. She sat near me.

"Theresa had called me. She was telling me about Nathan and your fight." She said. I took a deep breath.
"We and Carters always thought that you and Nathan would eventually come together and stay together for the rest of your life. But it didn't happen. Nathan tried to get your attention. But you kept getting everyone's attention and you don't return any of it to anyone." She finished.