Chapter 36: Need

Happy Reading:)

________________________

Mason's POV-

It was times like these that I actually go out of control and drink. Drink alot. To forget. To forget what wasn't worth remembering or recalling even once.

I miss Marissa.

I still miss her as the days and years pass. I miss her as the pain of grief softens. I still miss her as new memories are made. I miss her as I smile and laugh. I still miss her today and everyday. I'll miss her always.

My pain, was different. Aiden's pain was different. I loved Marissa too, but she was family, my sister. Aiden loved Marissa but it was actually being in love.

I didn't blame Aiden for saying whatever he said today. He obviously blames me and there's nothing I can do about it. I don't even know whether Marissa loved him. She never told me anything about him. Or their relationship.

_____________________

I realized that the hardest part of losing someone isn't having to say goodbye, but rather learning to live without them. Always trying to fill the void, the emptiness that's left inside your heart when they are gone. The worst thing was not even being able to say goodbye to Marissa.

Because in the end when you lose somebody, every candle, every prayer, is not going to make up for the fact that the only thing you have left is a hole in your life and heart where that somebody you cared about used to be.

The second hardest thing, is losing someone even when they are still alive. Pushing someone away because you're scared to ruin good things, good relationships. All I and Derina have been able to do is break each other all the time. Her Father died, I broke her. She left, she kissed Aiden, it broke me. Today, I broke her all over again. Today I pushed her away so hard, I doubt she would want to talk me again.

"Drinking, grieving and heartbreak, not a good mixture." I didn't even have to look at the person because I knew it was Jess. After talking to her on the phone, she emotionally blackmailed me into telling her where I was. She was going to come to stay with me.

"You don't get to say this, you've been miserable for many days now. You think I don't realize that you drink too?" I said and she came and sat beside me and ordered a drink for herself.

"Crap! You knew?" She asked clearly shocked.

"The dazed look on your face and you kind of started to stay calm suddenly. So I figured that you drink a shot or two."

"To dysfunctional families and stupid relationships." Jess said and raised her shot. I clinked my glass to hers.

"What actually happened about the divorce? Is it final?" I asked her

"Yes. It is." She shook her head.