Chapter 29: NYC

Hey guys!
It's a leap.
2 Years Later-

Happy Reading:)

____________________________

Derina's POV-
2 years later.

"So come on, let's start." He said. We drove our cars to the starting line.

"3-2-1!" We started the race. We drove fast. We were driving parallel to each other, not one inch back nor in the front. I looked at him and winked before pressing my foot on the gas and driving past his car. I drifted and stopped after I crossed the finish line.

"I won Mason!" I shouted getting out of the car.

"Mason? I'm not Mason." He said with confusion on his face. I looked at him.

It was Aiden. My new friend.

________

"Wake up Derina!" Jessica's shrill voice pierced through my ears. She pulled the curtains open. Huh, the dream was pathetic.

"Jess please, just get out! Let me sleep." I said, my voice muffled due to the sheets and pillow.

"Derina, wake up, we have to leave for Washington tonight." She sat beside me. That, opened my eyes wide enough.

I sat up and looked at my best friend who had been there for me since my Dad's death. I and Jess were living in our own house here. The guys were staying together too. Just the house below ours. I, Jess, Nick, Nathan and Daniel were in college together. They never left my side all two years. I had to handle Dad's work along with college. I often had to go for business trips too. Someone among them always accompanied me. Now we are done with New York and going back to Washington. Nick and Nathan have to join their fathers. Jessica has to help Daniel's Mom with fashion designing. Daniel already helps his Dad with the lawyer work.

There's not one day when I haven't thought about Mason and my Father. I did have feelings for Mason, I still do. When I left Washington, I left a big piece of my heart there.

"Get ready. After we reach Washington we are directly going to the cemetery." It was my father's death anniversary. I smiled and nodded at Jess.

My phone started ringing as soon as Jess left my room.

I smiled at the caller ID. Aiden Parker was my friend and a business colleague. His father has a chain of hotels too. Apparently we met when I had gone to a racing track when I had come to NYC. Yeah, Mason changed me.

"Hey Aiden" I said.

"Hey Derina, did I wake you?" He asked. "But you know what, it doesn't matter. We are going back to Washington today and before that I want you to meet me at the track." He said. He lived in Washington too.

"Okay Aiden, I'll be there." I chuckled. He was a great guy. A great distraction, actually. But no, we weren't dating.

"Stop talking to lover boy, Derina! Get out and come here." Nathan shouted.

"Tell him to hang up!" Jessica.

"Is that Jessica as usual?" He asked. She always shouts at us and yeah everyone kind of ship us.

"Yeah that's right, so I gotta go." I said getting up from the bed and rushing in the bathroom.

________________

I came to the kitchen and saw all my best friends sitting there and eating like pigs. Jessica had become a great cook from the time we left our house in Washington.