Chapter 20: Football and Mason

Hey guys!

Happy Reading:)

___________________________

Derina's POV-

I couldn't see Mason crying like that. It broke my heart. He was in pain. For two years. He cried in my arms.

I'm glad I made it easier for him. It was important for him to let out all his guilt. I never took Mason to be this sensitive, maybe he's like that only for his family. His exterior is so different from what he actually is. He acts carefree and happy and like a jerk. But he is not.

Dad and I had started talking nicely. He was being really good and supportive in everything. I had started feeling like I was getting my old Dad back. I was very happy.

I was surprised I sang for Mason. I couldn't believe I said yes to him. And the song I chose was one of my favorites. I had seen him listen to me intently. I felt good after singing and playing the piano after such a long time. If it wasn't for Mason, I wouldn't have touched it.

_____________________

"Shut up Derek!" Jessica shouted. We were in Derek's car. He was singing on top of his voice. So out of tune. I had my fingers in my ears literally.

"Shit my ears are gonna bleed." Nick said. I was sitting shotgun. Jess and Dan were behind. Nathan, Nick and Mason were already there practising. I don't know anything about Kyra.

"I don't sing that bad okay." Derek said faking hurt.

"Please Derek just take us to the game. Keep your mouth shut really." I said.

I had met Derek after many days. I don't remember even talking to him at the club. And after that I was busy with Nathan and Mason. We didn't meet over the weekend too. We were also staying at home and studying for exams. Winter ball was about to come but before that were exams and then the SATs. But there was the wedding too. Hawaii.

____________

We were sitting on the bleachers. There were students from Kingston High too. We were playing for some time now and for the first time we were leading with 2-0. One goal was made by Nathan and the other by Mason. Jessica was cheering on top of her voice.

She was glaring at Natalie who was the head cheerleader whenever she was cheering for Nick.

When Mason made a goal we all stood up and cheered for him. His eyes met mine and he winked at me. Jess and Dan saw that too.

"What was that about?" Dan asked.

"What? Nothing." I said and put a strand of hair behind my ear nervously.

"What's going on between you both? Seriously, tell us." Jessica said. Derek was out and talking to someone on the phone. He seemed to do that alot lately.

"We have just become good friends I guess." I said. Daniel laughed out loud.

"The wedding's taking place at Hawaii guys." Daniel announced. Everyone was excited.

"It's gonna be great!" I said.

"We have to leave on the next day of winter ball." Daniel said.

"Is your Mother gonna design our dresses?" Jessica said loud.

Daniel sighed."She's already on it because Amelia's dresses are done."

"Hey is that Daniel from Silver High?" We heard a girl whisper who was sitting behind us.

"He's so cute." Another one said. "All the popular guys are so hot in Silver High. Have you seen Mason? The new player who made the goal right now. I wonder if I can get him tonight." She finished. I choked on my drink. I so didn't want to hear that.