Chapter 33: Pranks

Happy Reading:)

______________________

Mason's POV-

Looking at Derina, seeing her smile, was beautiful.Anyone who has seen her smile has known perfection. She instills grace in every common thing and divinity in every careless gesture.

She just said sorry to me, but it felt great. I actually felt like I have a chance with her. Again.

God. I don't know how this is going to happen. I know she just kissed Aiden the other day, but I couldn't care less. I want her. I've always wanted her. She makes me happy. She has always been able to make me smile. I really don't know how I stayed for two years, without her with me.

Now that we are fine, it's scarring me. I don't know, if we come close again, something is going to happen again. It's always been like that. Everytime we come together, we are torn apart.

But honestly after today, I don't give a damn about concequences. I have to fight for her. I'm still scared to even think about love. It is really hard to admit. I don't know whether all this has come to love yet. Even if it has, it scares me shitless.

I feel now, that I was not simply close to her, but that I did not know where I ended and she began.

I didn't know how I was going to tell her about Ashley, her family and mine. How was I going to explain it to her?

_____________________

Derina's POV-

I was happy today. I felt light. I apologized to Nathan, Mason and Mom.

When I came back home, I immediately walked towards Mom. I explained everything to her. About Dad. About why I didn't tell her. I was scared of her knowing it because I didn't know what she would do because she loved Dad so much. More than anything. I apologized for leaving her. We had a decent heart to heart after a long time. It felt nice. It felt like old times were back.

I got ready and rushed out of the house. All of us were meeting at Daniel's house. Why, I don't know. It's just something about being back from NYC and just having a friends time and his Mom wanted to meet us all properly after we were back.

_____________________

I reached his house and called Jessica in the backyard. She was already at his house.

"Hey, I want to apologise-" Jessica started saying but I stopped her.

"No Jess. You don't have to. It's me who needs to apologise. I'm sorry for being ignorant and unobservant."

"I know you had too much going on in your life Derina. It's okay."

"No it's not. I never pay attention to others. I've been a bitch to you too. I'm sorry. And you know what, I'm ready to listen to all you have to say. What's up with you?"

"Derina, it's uh-" She looked at her feet. "It's my parents."

"What about them?"

"They are separating." I didn't see that, coming. I mean, her parents were happy. I've seen them from when I was a little kid.

"What?! Why would they do that?" I put my hand on her shoulder.

"They don't want to stay together anymore. When we were in NYC, they fought alot. Not one day goes without arguments and big fights between them. Dad says that now he has reached a point where he doesn't want the same thing going on in the house everyday."

"I'm so sorry Jessica." I hugged her and tears were already streaming down her face.

"I've had Dan and Nathan through all this. But you were distant the whole time we were in NYC. And Nick, he has changed. I don't know why, but he acts all different. I don't think he wants this relationship anymore."