Chapter 28: We are done

Happy Reading:) (Actually it's not all happy in this chapter but please be patient and read. Max two chapters will be like this. Further, the chapters will be back to fun.) It will be worth the sad part;)

__________________________

Derina's POV-

"We need to go to the hospital." Was all Cassandra was able to say.

It was my Dad who was in the ICU. His car had burst while he was coming back here. Mr. Anderson was not coming home and so he was in another car. When I came to know about this, my heart was almost in my throat. I couldn't even think about anything worst happening to my Father. I will break, completely, maybe.

My Mom was crying. She was so scared. I couldn't handle her anymore. I just couldn't. Mason was with me the whole time. Honestly, he was the reason I was a bit calm than my Mom. He was talking with his Father about something serious. Nathan was beside me. Thank God I have all these people for me. The nurses were coming out and rushing in. The most reliable doctors were inside with my Dad. I had just got my Father back. I can't lose him, was the only thing in my mind.

______

I was walking towards Mason and Mr. Anderson.

"The car which bursted was for You?" I heard Mason. What? I put my hand on my mouth from crying out loud.

"I had the evidence and I was supposed to sit in the silver BMW, but Derina's Dad sat in that car." Mr. Anderson finished. Then his eyes fell on me listening to their conversation so Mason turned to look at me, his eyes wide.

"Your Dad was supposed to be in the car?" I asked. Mason's eyes were apologetic.

"Derina listen to me-" He said and moved towards me.

I moved back and put my hand up in front of him to stop him from coming further."If anything happens to my Dad, I'll never forgive anyone of you. How much ever thankful I am that nothing happened to your Dad." I cried. Nathan came to me and wrapped his arms around me. I cried in his hold. Mason was beyond furious at that. "I should hate you." I yelled.

I couldn't believe this. What the fUck was going on here? The accident wasn't actually an accident. It was for His Father. As I said, I was glad nothing happened to him. But what about my Dad? I couldn't stand straight after listening to all this. It was like a bad nightmare. I wanted to come out of it as soon as possible. But all this reality only got worse when we heard the doctor.

"We are sorry." I heard the doctor say. "There was too much internal bleeding which we couldn't stop in time. He lost a lot of blood. We were late. We couldn't save him." He finished. My Mom rushed towards him and started yelling and crying. The news had already spread in the media.

It wasn't an accident. It was a planned murder. Only difference is, it wasn't actually planned for my Dad. I had just got him back into my life. I was happy for once. Mom was happy too.

Mason is someone I'll never be able to forget but he is also someone who I can't look at anymore. It will always remind me of my Father's death. Why did this have to happen to us!? I broke down. I cried. Nathan, Jess and Daniel were there for me. I just couldn't believe what I heard. Not having my Father with me anymore, was supposed to be the worst thing to happen in my life, ever. I don't understand what work my Father was doing which was a danger to his life or Mr. Anderson's. But Mason and I were done.

The day when everything was fine, we were together, was the same day we were torn apart. Destiny is a bitch.

Mason was my First Love. I am never going to be able to forget him, forget all that we had. It was some of the best moments of my life.