Chapter 31: It was Marissa

Hey Guys! This chapter wasn't written but I just had to update because we reached 1k. Thank you so much.

Happy Reading:)

___________________

Mason's POV-

What the hell was Derina thinking? How could she? Seeing her this close to Aiden was somehow bearable. But seeing her kiss him back, I wanted to rip them both apart. I rushed out of there without having dinner. I couldn't get the image of what I just saw out of my mind.

I told the stupid bodyguards to not follow me. I had to take the frustration out. I was going to go fight someone today. That's the only way I've learnt to let my anger out from the last year. Of course I can't be seen doing anything like this, so I have to go undercover. From the first time I've stepped foot in the underground fighting, not once have I lost to any fighter. Everyone says I'm invincible. All the big shots coming there always have their money on me. It's basically impossible to win against me because of all my practice and learning from the best. Still, there are some guys who challenge me. I'm not narcissistic, it's just like that. Okay I'm a bit narcissistic.

I drove my car directly to the place where all this takes place. On the way I called the guy who manages all this, Tony, and told him I was coming.

I got out of the car and walked in from the back entrance. It was a tacky place really, but it had to be incognito. It was just like it could get in any movie, scantily dressed girls, liquor, fighters, mafia and what not.

I went in the small room which is given to the fighters and changed clothes and wore the mask on my face. I have to be careful really. My Father knows I started fighting because one of the gang members have taught me all I know today.

I was putting the mask on when Tony came in.

"Hey Mason! Long time." He came and gave me a hug. He was a nice guy. He knew my Dad and so he knew my identity.

"Yeah." I was so not in the mood to talk.

"Is your girl back?" He asked me and folded his hands.

I looked at him. God, am I so predictable? I just nodded. No use denying.

"I figured, I've hardly seen you so angry before."

"It's nothing really. Who is fighting me today?"

"Alexander." I chuckled. Last time I had kicked him in the balls. Accidentally.

I fought. I fought Alexander as if I wanted to kill him. I won.

_______________

I was driving back home. First of all, I couldn't believe I was getting affected like hell because of Derina.

However stupid I am, I am selfish.
When Derina wasn't here, I tried my best to forget her. But that's the thing about Derina, she's the kind, you don't ever want to leave. She's gorgeous inside and out. She just knows that she's good looking but she doesn't know what effect she has on me. Or anyone for that matter. She is the only one who can keep me sane. She was the only one able to get all the grief out of me. I'm not ready to let her go. I won't be ready for that, like ever. And so I'm selfish. Selfish about her. Only her. I want her. I need her. And I don't even want to deny it.

But what was I thinking? Getting her involved with me meant danger. All this racing, gangs, politics. It scares me to even think about anything happening to her. When my Dad fell in love with Mom, was the day when he stopped all the gang stuff. He didn't want to do anything like that anymore. He didn't want his family to get into anything like that and so he changed himself completely. Was I willing to that?