Chapter 41: Infinity? Ironic

Happy Reading:)

______________________

Derina's POV-

There were like five pairs of brand new heels. All of them were new, as in, not even out in the market. I wonder how Mason did it. Oh, but we can't underestimate Mason's contacts.

I went up to my room. I had to get ready because it was already 5:30. The guests will be arriving at 7:00.

Jessica had given me a black dress. It was nice considering there were going to be elder people too. It had net and a heart neck. The net had flowers on it.

I wore it and it fit perfectly. I paired it with one of the heels Mason gave me today.

"Hey Derina." Kyra said and entered my room with Jess. They both looked nice.

"Hey guys." I said and then we sat.

"That dress is gorgeous." Jess said and I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah right, you've given it to me and you will obviously say this." I said and chuckled.

"Are you ready to meet your Mom's boyfriend?" Kyra asked.

"No. Obviously not. It's just gross." I wrinkled my nose. It really is gross.

"Derina, your Mom has called you down. The guests have started arriving." Jane said and then left.

"So let's go. And by the way, there's some arrangements for us in the basement. I don't think we want to stay with the elders for the whole time." I said to them both and they both nodded.

"Derina. Wait I want to give you something." Aiden stopped me. Kyra and Jess went down.

"What is it?" I asked him and smiled.

He handed me a box. There was a set of black diamond earrings and a necklace. It was beautiful.

"Thank you so much Aiden." I hugged him.

"You look beautiful."

"Thanks again. You look handsome. Put this on for me?" I asked and he took the box from my hands.

I stood in front of the mirror and put my hair on one side. He put the necklace on. I wore the earrings too. It matched my dress perfectly.

"Let's go down." I said and started walking. He followed behind me.

I walked in the huge hall and all I could hear was 'happy birthday'. Some people and my Mom's friends, I didn't even know.

I was looking for my friends. But then my eyes landed on Mason. And he was with my Grandma. She looked so happy. She was laughing continuously. Mason had that kind of effect on everyone. Almost everyone enjoyed his company.

I was still staring at him and then his eyes met mine. He smiled. He didn't smirk. It was good for a change. He looked hot. Thank God he just smiled because I thought he would rub it in my face that I was staring at him. He's arrogant like that.

I walked towards Mason and he was looking at me the entire time. As I reached near him, his eyes travelled from my face to my feet. He smirked on seeing the heels. How did he even know brands like these? He was a guy.

 How did he even know brands like these? He was a guy