Chapter 6: Jessica's Birthday

Hey guys! Derina Williams is so pretty. The media above is her when she goes to meet Jess at her house on her birthday morning.

Happy Reading:)

___________________________________

Derina's POV-

I reached home and had dinner. Today was hectic.

Okay so after we left school, Dan and I rode in my car to reach Jessica's and Nathan took his own car. I knew for sure that Daniel was going to interrogate me on Mason.

I told him about our small talk in the hallway.

I don't know why, but the way Dan talks about Mason being different than normal guys is something which is making me curious. I've never been interested in any boy before Mason.

While Dan was telling Jess all about it, I was feeling different. Shy maybe.

When Jess told us about hers and Nick's matter, I really felt bad for her. I mean Nick shouldn't have done it. I don't know if Jess hadn't entered that room that night what would have happened. Would Nick go further with Natalie?

But Jessica never gave Nick a chance to talk to her during the whole break. I guess Nick should get a chance to explain himself.

___________________________________

Now I was lying on my bed and thinking about today's incidents. I couldn't sleep. Tossing and turning in bed.

I wanted to talk to Mason. I wanted to know him more. He made me curious. I was feeling things I've never felt before with anyone while talking to him. Plus he's gorgeous and it doesn't help all this situation, at all.

Tomorrow is Jess's birthday and I have to go to her house in the morning like every year. We'll have breakfast together and gift her the dress she'll wear at her party. That's our ritual from almost five years. I'm excited for tomorrow.

__________________________________

I woke up today and I had to get ready early. I had already picked up the gift for Jessica but I had told Jane to bake my favorite choco truffle cake yesterday so that I could take it for Jess.

I took a quick shower and wore a short jumpsuit kinda dress. Left my hair loose and took my bag and left. Jane had already baked the cake and so I thanked her and left for Jessica's house. I reached her place at 8:00. That was too early for a girl like me who loves to sleep.

I walked up the porch of her huge mansion and rung the bell, the voice echoing in the big place. I waited for a minute and then the huge doors were pulled open, by Tom, Jess's Father. He knows about our birthday traditions. He's like a father to me too. He loves me although he can't fill the void completely of a father in my life.

"Hey Dare, sweetheart, how are you.?" He gave me a side hug as I was holding the cake and gifts and my hands were full.

"I'm fine Tom. Good morning. Is Jess awake?" He nodded. He continued asking me about school and all. Jessica always keeps saying that her father loves me more than he loves his own daughter and I love to tease Jess about it.

I ran up to Jessica's room and she was doing her makeup sitting on the dressing table. I went in, her room was modern styled. It was blue and white themed. The curtains were open and light sunlight coming in the room. There were pictures of all our friends above her bed hung on the wall.

But the thing i love the most about her room is the biggest picture of me and her together in the middle of all the pictures. Best friend!

"Happy Birthday Jess!" I shouted. She was applying the eye liner and Because of my loud voice she got scared and flinched and her line went up and crooked. I hugged her from behind laughing at her face.