Chapter 17: Gossip

Hey guys!
Happy Reading:)

_________________________________

Mason's POV-

"I think- I t-think I like him." She said.

"Who is that guy?" I asked her. Eagerly.

"Mason?" Daniel's voice made us look in his direction.

"Yeah?" I said. What was he doing here? Was he leaving too?

"Man, she's acting so funny." He laughed. Yeah she was counting something in the air. At Jess's party she wasn't even a bit out of control. How much did she actually drink today that made her like this?

"Yeah. She's being difficult and stubborn." I said. She looked up at us.

"I'm right here y'know." She said. I just smiled at her. I still couldn't take my eyes off her. I wanted to keep listening to her rubbish.

"Do you like her?" It was Tina. Dan's girlfriend. I was shocked by her question. Did everyone notice this?

Dan laughed. "Of course he does like her." He said. I raised my eyebrows. shit. Derina wasn't paying attention thank God.

"It's not like that." I said and Dan cut me.

"Shut it Mason. I know you. We haven't met when the school started." Yeah I knew him already.

"Take her home." Tina said smiling at Derina. I nodded.

__________

So I was able to make her sit in the car with Daniel's help.

"Who do you like Dare? you were saying something?" I asked her.

"Was I?" She giggled. God, she forgot.

"Forget it Derina." I said. She was playing with my collar. She was in no mood to remove her hand. It was distracting me.

"I hate my Dad you know." She started. She was now looking at the view outside. I cut her off.

"You're drunk and I think you don't want to tell me all this." I told her.

"No Mason. I know it's you. I'm okay. I want to tell you." She said. I hope she hasn't paid attention to the liking part.

"What about your Dad?" I asked.

"He cheated on my Mother, I don't know how many times." She said. I didn't expect her Dad to be like this. "So I didn't believe in true love, loyalty and respect." She continued,"But I think not everyone is like that." She looked at me.

"Yes Derina. There are people who truly love each other. You've seen Nick and Jess. Sometimes mistakes happen. You shouldn't let the person you love, let you go, so easily." I told her. She was staring at me and I could feel it. Her eyes were drooping.

"You promise to not let me, let you go?" She asked. I pulled over outside her house in the driveway. Where did that come from?

"Why would you let me go?" I asked her. Her eyes were closed.

"Because I- I think-" She was asleep I guess. Where was she going with that sentence? She fUcked with my head now. I got out and walked to her side and took her into my arms. Bridal style. I wanted to admire and keep looking at her sleeping form. Snap out of it Mason!

I had already taken out her keys from her clutch when I asked Dan about it in the parking. I wouldn't want her parents to see me get her to her bedroom like this.

I opened the door and sighed. I didn't know where her room was. I closed the door with Derina's legs. Her Eyes opened. She put her hand on my cheek. What the fUck is she doing. She was caressing it. I grit my teeth.