Chapter 13: Drifting

Hey guys!
Happy Reading:)

_________________________________

Derina's POV-

"I'll teach you. You trust me right?" Mason asked me. I didn't know what to say. He was telling me to drive on the track.

"Always." It came out of my mouth before I could think. He was looking at me, an intense gaze, yes I was angry at him for shouting at me, but it was all for my protection.

And when he had said that I wasn't his girlfriend yet, I was blushing. It was like I had been blushing these days at everything people said to me about Mason. I never used to blush.

None of us breaking the eye contact. I really trust him.

______________

Everyone left to go back to the city. Mason and I were leaning on his car. He was explaining gears and how to drift and how I have to keep my eyes on the track and all the things I need to know about racing the car.

When I got into the driver's seat, my hands became clamy. I rubbed them on my jeans. I put my seat belt on. Mason was leaning on the door on my side. He closed the door and looked at me through the window.

"Trust yourself with driving Derina. You'll do great." He said. Then he walked on the passenger side. All the while he was looking at me. He sat in the car.

Adrenaline was pumping through every vein in my body. I was scared as hell, but I wanted to experience the thrill.

I turned the key, cranked the car, my knuckles turning white because of holding too tightly on the steering wheel. I looked at him once. Revving the engine. The sound of the car was giving me more confidence. I could do this.

"Remember what I-" He was saying, but I didn't let him finish the sentence because I put my foot on gas, hard.

The car started moving, extremely fast. I was smiling. The cool air hitting my face. My hair blowing. That feeling was the best thing I ever felt. It was as if I was flying. It was the most alive I've ever felt.

"Whooaa!" Mason shouted.

"You know my Dad calls me the lion sometimes." He laughed. What? What was he saying?

"Yeah so?" I shouted back. I put my foot on the gas again, changing the gears as if I've been racing my whole life.

"And you're the-" He said but couldn't complete because I was gonna drift to the right and I turned the steering wheel and pulled the breaks and drifted and took the left turn. "Oh my God Derina. That. Was. FUcking. Awesome!" He shouted. I laughed.

This feeling was something I never wanted to let go. In that moment, I wanted to be with him, Forever.

"What were you saying?" I asked him. And now I was driving at normal speed. That car was amazing. A black Lamborghini. It was shining like a new one. I loved driving it.

I stopped the car and looked at him. My hands still gripping the wheel.

He looked at me. His face looked so happy. It was as if he had never felt so much happiness from a long time. I was glad he was happy because of me. Because he was with me.

He started with a smile. "I was saying that my Dad used to call me the lion in racing." I knit my eyebrows for him to continue. "And you're the lioness." He said.

That sentence made me feel something so different. Something I never felt before. I wanted to hug him. I wanted to tell him how much happiness he gave me today. I was smiling so wide that my cheeks started aching literally. I didn't reply and got out of the car, he walked out too and met me half way in front of the car. Without thinking once I almost jumped on him. I hugged him so tight, my hands around his neck and his on my waist. He was holding me to himself like he would never let me go.