Chapter 47: Him and I, Again

Happy Reading:)

_________________________

Derina's POV-

So after I came down, Mason rushed down too. He was trying to talk to me. Now, I don't know why he felt the need to explain himself when he wasn't doing anything wrong. Ashley was the one who was forcing herself on Mason. I wasn't angry. I had no right to be angry. But that image of them together was just disturbing.

"Aiden, we're going together for the event right?" I asked Aiden and he looked at me but his face had a different look like he was thinking of an answer. His gaze shifted to Mason and back to me.

"I don't know." He said.

"What?! We already decided." I said to him.

"Actually he's going with Ashley." Mason said.

"When did that happen?" Ashley asked.

Now this was getting irritating. First she was all over Mason, now Aiden. And why would Aiden ask her and not even tell me about it.

"Why is there so much confusion in this room." Jessica asked.

"Let us eat in peace." Derek said and I narrowed my eyes at him so he grinned. "I would love to take you with me sweetheart but I'm taking your best friend." He said and looked at Jess. Oh and Nick didn't react at all. He was unaffected.

"What the actual hell is going on here? Who the hell is going to take me?" I muttered to myself. I was annoyed right now. It was like, as if, all of them had planned this.

"Don't worry Baby doll, you're going with me." Mason said.

Woah, never. I wanted to say. But I was still feeling tingles because he said I'm going with him and didn't even ask. Like it was obvious that we will go together.

"You should go with Macy actually. I think I'm going with Alexander." I smirked at him. His face was priceless. And I don't know if I was right, a bit pissed off too.

"Alexander Denton?" Nathan asked. I nodded. "His father is dating your mother." He said and I nodded again.

Alexander had asked me in the morning but I told him that I wasn't sure and I'll let him know later. But hey, he was hot. I could totally go with him.

"You know that he's a douche right?" Daniel asked me.

"I don't mind. It's just an event." I said and resumed eating. Mason hadn't said anything.

It was my turn to annoy him now. Honestly, it felt great.

___________________________

Today was Wednesday. The event was tomorrow. And we were going for the trip on Saturday.

I was sitting in my office in The Palace hotel. I just decided to visit for some work. All the hotels were going on smoothly. It was a real big task actually. When my Father's will was shown to me, I was actually freaking out about handling his empire. He left it all only for me. I know he wanted a son, but that day I realized that he wasn't that unhappy with me. He believed in me to run the company.

I was looking through some papers when the landline phone rang.

"Ma'am, Mr. Anderson is here to see you."

I didn't speak for a second because I didn't know Mr. Anderson means who exactly.

"Mr. Mason Anderson?" I asked the secretary.

"Yes ma'am. It is a professional reason." She added. I could tell that Mason was telling her what to speak. I just smiled a bit. I don't know why. So don't ask.