Chapter 42: Mason, drunk and Bed

Happy Reading:)

_______________________

Derina's POV-

So we walked down to the basement. Now this was totally opposite from what was going on in the party above. Here, there were less people. All teenagers and well dressed and rich of course. They were all the one's who came here with my Mom's friends, their sons and daughters.

So the party here was on full blast. Although there were no passed out people to prove that. It was kind of decent. There were drinks, food and dance. Everyone was enjoying themselves.

We walked to the bar and ordered drinks.

"Hello ladies." Aiden came and sat beside me.

"Who is that girl!?" Jessica almost screamed and pointed at Nick.

He was dancing with a girl. The girl's back was facing us so we couldn't recognize her. But Nick was wasted.

"That," Aiden pointed and then scratched his forehead. "-is, Natalie." He said and drank a shot.

"What?!'' I shouted over the music but laughed. Ooh, alcohol was kicking in.

"Oh my God, I'm going to kill her." Jess said and got up but then Mason came out of nowhere and caught her arm.

"Mason! Let me go!" She said.

"You're not going anywhere near them. You and Nick, are over. Fix it in your small brain." He said and pulled her back on the chair.

"And you know Nick's not worth so much. And when he was trying to solve the matters between you both, you didn't want to solve it. And now he's moving on. Let him." I said and drank a shot.

She sat back and then ordered drinks.

"To single and happy people!" Jess picked a shot and then I, Aiden, and Mason, clinked our glasses to hers.

Mason was looking at me but I didn't want to talk right now. Now was the time, only for fun.

I got up and joined everyone else on the dance floor. Tonight, I didn't want to get drunk, for once I just wanted to enjoy without getting tipsy. And not have a hangover tomorrow.

So I was dancing with Kyra and everyone else and then Jessica and Aiden joined too. Aiden was dancing close to me. We were moving together. He was always good at dancing. We were talking and swaying and doing ridiculous dance moves. I was having a good time.

I saw Mason still at the bar and he was drinking. He was drinking a lot today. But his tolerance is just like a supernatural being, a vampire. He drinks alot all the time but never does he get tipsy. His eyes met mine but I quickly dropped my gaze.

"Hey I haven't met your parents yet." I said to Aiden loud enough to be heard.

"They must have come after you came down." He said.

"So, aren't you gonna flirt with some girl tonight?" I asked and I really don't know why I asked that.

I mean, I like him, I've kissed him. I've spent two years with him. I know him well. I don't see what's the problem here. Other than, one, I think I love Mason, two, Mason and I have a past and three, I think I love Mason. So hey, guess what? Mason is the problem.

I kinda love Aiden too. I know I'm not in love with him. But he's equally important to me. Atleast he doesn't run away from me.

"No, I guess, I'd rather flirt with you." He winked. I chuckled. See? he's charming too. "Seriously, the weather's beginning to get hot, just like you." I laughed and hit him playfully.