Chapter 9: Party (part 3)

Hey guys! I hope you're enjoying the book.

Happy Reading:)

_______________________________

Mason was sitting on one of the bar stools. I went and sat beside him.

"Hey Mase!" I said. He looked at me and raised his eyebrows.

"Hey?" He said, it almost sounded like a question.

"Uh- I just wanted to say that- uh- I didn't want to leave you like that but something came up." I said.

"Are you apologising? looks like you've never done that before."
Yes I don't like to apologise.

"Can you be nice and try to understand for once?" I asked irritated.

"Nathan likes Kyra you know." He stated. Okay. Why did he go over Nathan and Kyra suddenly?

"Yeah I know. And there's nothing between me and Nathan. we're childhood friends." I don't know what made me say it but I wanted to make it clear for Mason. What was wrong with me?

"Even if there was anything I wouldn't care less." He said like nothing about me matters to him. I know that. So I was irritated and I decided to get up from there because I don't really know what I expected him to say.

"Where are you going?" He asked when he saw me getting up.

"Arrogance makes me sick." I said to him. He chuckled.

"Come on, do ten shots with me. Let's see who remains sober." wait what? TEN SHOTS? That's alot even if we have good alcohol tolerance.

"Are you crazy, Anderson? Ten shots? Do you have a death wish?" He looked at me with a smirk.

"Are you scared? I smell chicken." He said clearly mocking me.

"I'm not at all scared. I- I'll do it. And you'll see." I challenged him.

"Do what?" Derek came to us now.

"Drinking challenge." Mason said easily. Derek was so excited at that.
He told everyone about it.
Now I really feel I'm going to die.
Everyone was standing around us. The bartender poured each of us ten shots and put it in line in front of Mason and me.

Camilla and Rebecca, Nathan, Derek were on my side and they were teasing Mason. Jess, Kyra, Nick, Daniel, were on Mason's side. everyone was cheering for their side to win.

Mason was looking at me with amusement. I was showing attitude and confidence. I winked at him and he smirked.

"3- 2- 1. Go" Jessica shouted.

We started drinking one by one. The alcohol burning through my throat. But I had to win this. Mason will understand never to underestimate me.

When I was on my 8th shot he finished his last shot. So he won in the game. But the actual challenge was to remain sober.

"Woo-hoo. Mason won." Jess and Kyra were shouting and cheering. Mason stood up and took my wrist and dragged me from there. I was dazed to even see what looks others were giving us.

"We are gonna play beer pong now." He took us to the place where some people were playing the game.

"Clear the table guys." He shouted. His one command and everyone stopped their game and filled the beer glasses for us again.

"You have to drink up the glass I put my ball in and I'll drink if you're able to put in any of my glasses. And I'm gonna win this." I told him.

"We'll see Williams." He smiled. I wasn't wasted yet. Nor was he. Just a bit tipsy.