Chapter 27: Christmas

Happy Reading:)

_________________________

Mason's POV-

Derina was the only person who could give me happiness to this extent where I couldn't stop smiling. I couldn't keep my hands to myself. I always wanted to be with her. Make sure she's mine. I started feeling like her happiness, her smile was my duty from now. Hawaii was surely magical.

"I don't know who exactly got married in Hawaii." Tina said. We were at the airport. Going back from Hawaii is gonna be sad. It feels as if we are going from a beautiful dream into reality again.

"What do you mean?" Jessica asked her. Daniel chuckled.

"Oh, my girlfriend means that she can't tell whether Amelia got married or Derina and Mason." Daniel looked at me and Derina sitting on the chairs, holding hands and all. I didn't even care about all this being typical and cliché.

Derina blushed, I chuckled at her pink face. Nathan and Kyra were sulking ever since we were in Hawaii. I wanted to tell them to solve their matters. But they both were kind of stupid.

"Actually, you guys are making me sick." Derek said. Derek was really making me angry. Everything that his Dad has done is going to come out soon. I couldn't believe it at first. Derek's family has been mine too since we were small. Derek is like a brother I've never had.

"Love does that to you." Nick said and kissed Jessica's forehead.

Love? We hadn't said that we love each other, yet. Derina also tensed a bit at that word. It makes me uncomfortable too. It is a really big deal. I'm glad we aren't rushing everything. Derina is with me and that's pretty much all I need.

"Come on, kids. Let's go." Daniel's Father told us that our flight was announced. This trip was great.

We sat in the plane. Everyone was actually tired with the wedding and all. I really wanted to sleep now.

"Mason, what are the matters about the Senator?" Derina asked me and I didn't know what to tell her.

"Uh- nothing? Why?"

"Your Dad was going to become the Senator right? Then how did Derek's Dad come up out of nowhere? And I've kind of heard our parents and you talking about it." She was really observant.

"It's nothing really. Everyone will get to know everything once it's proved. You don't need to worry." I assured her. Tomorrow was Christmas Eve. We were going to work out on the evidence after Christmas. I want everyone's Christmas to be filled with happiness and nothing else.

What was I going to get Derina for Christmas? Shit I hadn't thought about that yet. Mostly our families will have dinner together tomorrow. All our families. I am literally tired of being around so many people. All these years, after Marissa, I was kind of, just into myself. Secluded.

"What are you thinking about?" She asked me.

"I'm thinking about my ex girlfriend." I smirked at her.

"If you think I'm going to go all crazy on your ass and get jealous then you're wrong. I don't care." She said shrugging the topic. What was about this girl? She really didn't get jealous. But tomorrow's gonna be fun. She will feel the jealousy when someone will be over me completely. That's gonna be fun.

We reached Washington and all of us went our ways. We had to meet at our house tomorrow for the dinner.

___________________

"It's going to be all over the news. He'll probably get arrested." Dad said to me.

"Hm, I hope all this goes well. Nobody has a doubt on anyone of us right?" I asked him. We were sitting in Dad's study. We had almost found evidence against the Hendersons. They are gonna pay for this.