Chapter 30: We meet again

Happy Reading:)

________________________

Mason's POV-

I was sleeping, not at all wanting to wake for like another century. But the loud voice of the phone ringing woke me up. I groaned and buried my head in the pillow to drown out the voice. It was too loud considering my whole huge house was empty and silent. With too much effort I opened my eyes. I realized I had slept working on the laptop. It lay on the bed beside me. Papers strewn on the bed. I sighed and walked in the corner of my room and picked the phone up.

"Mason where the hell have you been? I've been calling you for such a long time. Where's your phone?" My Dad was screaming. God, becoming the President has got him all riled up.

"Good morning to you too Dad." I say and yawn.

"Get ready and come to our house. We need to visit the cemetry and also the Williams house." This is so not happening.

"You know I don't go to the cemetery." I say silently. It's Christmas today. It means it's Mr. Williams's death anniversary.

"The least you could do is meet Mrs. Williams."

"Yes, I will." Dad hangs up. One word about that family. Or anything remotely related to them, takes me to her. Only Her.

It's been two years. She did visit DC sometimes. We've never met after that tragic night. There hasn't been one day that I haven't thought about her or what would've happened if the accident didn't happen that night. We would've been together. She would've been with me. I talk to Jess, Nick and Daniel. At least nothing's changed between us. Jessica tells me about Derina sometimes. About their experience in New York City. Being this far from Derina, hasn't changed my feelings for her even a bit.

I still think about whatever our relationship was. If it wasn't able to pass through that tough time, was it even strong? I thought we could survive through everything. Yeah, I thought.

I sighed. These thoughts haunt me every single day. I walked down through the stairs.

Jackson and Jason, my bodyguards were standing near the door. A maid was cleaning the furniture. I walked towards the kitchen counter. If there's one thing for which there aren't servants in my house, it's for cooking. I cook for myself. So I took some eggs out. Poured orange juice. I kept my glass on the counter and took the newspaper and magazine. The front of the magazine had my picture. After a lot of convincing I had agreed for one photoshoot. I opened the other magazines and newspaper. As usual there were stupid rumours about me with several famous models and actresses and what not.

Mason Anderson spotted at the party of Macy Denton. Both seen together alot these days. Is something brewing up here?

Mason Anderson and Ashley Martin were spotted leaving The Palace together. They both seem to be getting really close. Don't they make the golden couple?

I threw the magazines one by one on the counter. I was tired of all this attention on me. Macy Denton! I had to go there because her family is influential. Ashley on the other hand, she's amazing. I really don't care about any rumours of me and her. We had come pretty close these days. That was true. Unlike other stupid models, she isn't a bitch. But I just can't happen to move forward with any girl. So all this news just remains as rumours always. Plus, she's kind of going to get engaged to someone. Her family is arranging it.

I've heard about Aiden Parker from Nick, Jess and Daniel. They've been friends in NYC. But the more important part is that Derina is very close to him. He's quite the charmer I have to say. And a womanizer. There have been rumours about me but there aren't less about him. It's like 'Who is the most eligible and rich Bachelor?' It always comes down to a competition between me and him. God only knows whether Derina has fallen for him or not. The thought of it makes me want to puke. Aiden and Marissa, my sister were pretty close. So our families know each other. My Dad was really fond of him. They kind of had a relationship going on I guess.