24. The New Deal Part 2

Začít od začátku

"Don't beat yourself up, Damon." Poppy spoke with a slight British accent, stepping into the foyer. She donned a red dress, which flowed to her knees from her waist, and a pair of black heels. She wore simple yet elegant makeup, not bothering to cover the black veins. "Who would've guessed that your own flesh and blood would betray you?" She inquired bitterly. 

"I see you're becoming more of a Mikaelson everyday." Damon sighed, taking a sip of his bourbon. "Well, I did have a front row seat when your auntie lied to you." He sneered.

Klaus smirked in an unamused way. "Yeah, well she's fickle that one. And you say you have no idea of her whereabouts?" 

"That's the thing with younger siblings. You just never know what they're gonna do."

"Same goes for older siblings, Damon. You just never know when they're going to bring back the person they fear most." 

"That was a bit vague, care to elaborate?" Damon asked sarcastically in reply. 

With a swift motion, Poppy stood before her older brother, her hand plunged into her chest and gripping his heart. He grunted, setting down his drink heavily. "How is this for an explanation?" She growled, her eyes glowing blue. She twisted his heart. 

Klaus watched, now amused, as he took a sip of his drink. 

"Poppy-I'm sorry. I never meant for him to go after you." Damon spoke sincerely.

Poppy narrowed her eyes. "Maybe not. But sorry isn't going to get you very far." She bared her teeth at him. 

"All right, Poppy." Klaus spoke. "That's enough." 

Poppy gripped Damon's heart tighter, causing him to groan. 

"Poppy, stop before you do something you regret." Klaus told her sternly, setting down his drink. 

Damon looked up at his little sister as she let go of his heart, her face softening. 

Mystic Falls, Virginia 

The Gilbert Residence 

Jeremy stood in the Gilbert home with Tyler, Alaric, and Elena, handing a glass of water to the hybrid. 

"This is weird." Elena admitted. "Klaus has hybrids stalking me and now you're just sitting in our kitchen." She gestured to Tyler with a frown. 

Tyler let out a sigh. "Look, maybe I should go."

Jeremy shook his head. "Stay. You're not doing anything."

"Unless you have to, you know, check in with your hybrid master." Elena sneered, resulting in a laugh from Tyler. 

"It's not like that Elena." 

Alaric leaned forward in his seat at the table. "Tell me Tyler...What is the difference between being sired and being compelled?"

Tyler looked at the teacher. "Compulsion-that's just mind control-like hypnosis. And being sired is...it's like faith. You do something because you believe it's the right thing."

"So you believe that serving Klaus is the right thing?" Elena inquired.  

"I don't serve him. Klaus released me from a curse that was ruining my life. I owe him for that." Tyler explained. 

"What if he asked you to jump off a bridge?" Alaric asked. 

"He wouldn't! And even if he did I'd be fine. I'm a hybrid."

"Okay, so what if he asked you to rip your own heart out?" Elena spoke. 

"Again, he wouldn't."