Chapter 50: Trekking

Start from the beginning

He looked at me and then smiled. To make me feel reassured. But I really was a bit shocked. Someone of our age and who we knew was missing, that means kind of kidnapped or lying dead somewhere.

We walked inside and our bags were placed there. We took all the food and went to the kitchen to place it properly and keep whatever items needed to be kept cool in the fridge.

I walked to the room which we got and got freshened up. Me, Jess, Kyra, and three other girls were in our room.

I walked down again because I needed coffee. I had woken up early and I was feeling sleepy. And I don't think anyone would like me sleeping right now. Just when the fun is supposed to begin.

"Heard the news?" Mason asked from behind me when I was making some coffee.

"Yes." I said and looked at him expectantly to give me more information about it.

"Look, there are more people who are dangerous alright. It has nothing to do with my family. But it will surely make the Dentons feel that we've done it. Plus, we have stopped doing gang stuff long back."

"But what it the Dentons come after you?" I asked him.

"Nothing will happen Derina. There's no proof that we have her. Plus I'm in front of you, aren't I? And Dad is not even in the city right now. The police will investigate. You don't need to worry."

We sat on the round dining table in the kitchen. It was common for girls and boys. Everyone slowly came down and settled. We were eating and talking.

Mason took my coffee and drank as if it was the most natural thing to do.

"Thank God you've got coffee." Mason said and handed me my mug again. I drank a sip.

It didn't feel awkward. I actually felt nice that he didn't feel awkward doing that. Yeah, I had issues because everything Mason did had started making me feel special and happy.

"So what are we going to do now?" Tina asked to nobody in particular.

"Let's just go to one of the room and we can-" Daniel was saying.

"It would be nice if we didn't get to hear the details." Aiden said.

"Exactly." Jess.

"Let's go out and play something nice. There's so much space." Nathan said.

"The teachers have already said that we have to go for trekking today." Nick said.

"Oh God. We have already walked so much." Jessica whinned.

Ashley was saying something too about not wanting to walk. But nobody paid much attention to her.

We were just laughing. But then we ate and got up to wear shoes and proper clothes because we don't know what kind of area would that be. Climbing and walking and what not.

All the students gathered outside. The teachers were explaining. We could see the mountain we had to climb. It was high. And the way was dangerous. But this was going to be fun.

"Guys, let's make teams." Kyra said.

"The losing team makes dinner." I said.

When I said that some guys hooted and screamed in agreement. So we all got separated into two teams. The teams had many members actually. Oh and I and Mason were in opposite teams. I had Nathan, Kyra and Derek with me. Everyone else was on the other team. So we decided everything and everyone started walking.

I started walking too and Mason took hold of the hood of my hoody and pulled me back. "What the hell are you doing?"

"If I win, I want a lap dance." He said. I turned to look at him. I would love to be near him but I was going to win, not him. "Plus coffee made by you every morning."

"Keep dreaming, Anderson." I said and started walking.

Why did he always have to challenge me?

We started walking together. We were talking and making fun of skanky girls like Ashley who couldn't climb properly.

"And you were going to get engaged to her." I said and laughed. Pointing at Ashley.

"You really thought we would take a stupid deal seriously? Plus, Ashley is not my type." Mason said. But he was kind of embarrassed about Ashley. I was still chuckling. "It's not funny."

"It is, a bit." I said and we both looked at each other. We walked for some time non stop. Then I felt like sitting.

"We should sit. Please." Mason didn't look tired at all. And I wasn't going to let him win this.

"Fine." He didn't argue. Thank God. We sat on a rock.

"And by the way, what is your type? If not Ashley." I asked him.

"My type is, reddish blondes, fiesty, a girl who has fire, whose name starts with D, who can race and-" He was smiling.

"That's enough." I said and hit him playfully. "You should smile more and smirk less you know." I bent down. Pretending to tie my shoe laces. Mason was looking into my eyes.

"Why?"

"Because smirking hides the real Mason. It's like a mask. I want to see the real Mason. The quite one. Reading books and painting kind of Mason." I said and I kept looking into his eyes too.

I got up and walked further. "Come on." I said and walked away fast.

I heard Mason falling. I looked back quickly and saw him on the grass. I tied his shoelaces. I laughed for two seconds but then he cursed.

"You're going down Williams." He said and got up and I almost started running on the dangerous path. I was sure it was going to take him alot of time to take the knots in his laces out.

But everything that I said was true. Mason should show his real self. He needs to be free.

I was pretty sure I was the one in the front because almost everyone was sitting when Mason and I sat.

"You cheated." I looked back and saw Derek smirking.

"No proof." I said.

I waited for him to cone up to me and we walked up together and reached the top after walking for more 20 minutes approximately. We were tired.

It was difficult to stay focused on Mason's shoelaces when all I could think about was kissing him because he was looking at me like that. His gaze is captivating.

I was looking at the view. Everything looked amazing from the top. I was clicking pictures. And eventually everyone started reaching on the top. There were mostly my team members. I guess Mason's team was weak after all.

"Derina Williams!" Oops Mason was here I guess.

_____________________________

Please comment and vote!