Chapter 50: Trekking

Start from the beginning

I sat beside him. "Hey."

He opened his eyes and looked at me. "Hey." And closed it again resting his head back.

"You look tired."

"I am tired."

"Why?"

"Work, studying."

"You don't even need to study. Everyone knows you're a genius." I rolled my eyes.

He snorted. "I've been getting nightmares. So I haven't been sleeping properly."

"Nightmares? Again?"

"But not the same one." He opened his eyes and looked at me again.

"Then?"

"You leaving me again." He said.

Mason gets nightmares about me leaving again. I know that was a serious thing. But I was glad for a second that Mason gets nightmares about me. It's a big thing. And I know I sound stupid.

"I am never leaving you again. Though we aren't even together." We were looking at each other.

See? Trips always work for us. Trips get us closer. It's just the good vibe.

"Easier said than done."

"You know what, we should stop with the boring talk." I said. He chuckled.

"Yeah."

"And by the way, I'm sorry if you felt bad that I went and sat with Aiden. I totally didn't want to sit with him. It's just that, when you entered the bus you looked really hurt and I don't know why me sitting with Aiden would hurt you but yeah, I'm sorry." I said.

He was looking at me without blinking. Wow, I never fail to embarrass myself in front of him.

And then he laughed. An awesome throaty laugh. Mason style. It felt nice that he was laughing and not sad. Even if I was embarrassed. Because Mason didn't deserve sadness anymore. He had passed through alot already.

"You are something." He said when he finally stopped laughing.

"You shouldn't be the one facing so much crap that you can't even get proper sleep. A great guy like you deserves some happiness." I said.

"A great guy like me?"

"Yeah I mean, now don't flatter yourself. But you're hilarious, caring, smart, extremely good looking and a narcissist who has faced alot."

"I shouldn't be flattered but I am." He smiled. Like an actual smile. Not a smirk.

Does my presence do that to him?

The rest of the ride, we kept talking and it was great to finally just be like the old us. The walk after the event night was good too. It felt like our relationship had moved forward. We were ready to take it more further.

We got down from the bus and our luggage was taken in some small truck kind of vehicle. We had to walk. The way was really beautiful with trees all around and the weather was cool. We could see the clear sky.

We walked and finally saw the place we were going to stay at. It was nice. And the view was amazing.

"Did you hear the news?" Aiden asked me. He and Daniel came towards me and Jess.

"What news?" Jessica asked.

"Macy Denton is missing." Daniel said. Oh my God. What the hell was happening in our city?

"What do you mean?"

"We don't know the details but some gang, mafia stuff has come up."

That just made me think about Mason and his family. Would they do something like that? We all had stopped in front of the huge cabin like house. This was the girls cabin, and next to it was the boys. I saw Mason was talking on the phone. He looked pretty moved or something. This was not a good sign.