13. The Sun Also Rises

Start from the beginning

"His name is Papa Tunde. I think he's a charlatan." Klaus responded. 

Elijah looked to the entrance of the compound as a man dressed in white entered, followed by his friends. "Well, Marcel shall be able to decide that for himself. You invited him here." 

Klaus nodded. "Of course. We're not savages, are we?" He asked, walking to his quest. "Thank you for accepting our invitation, and welcome. I hope you'll allow me to play the role of host. If there's anything you need--- anything at all..."

Papa Tunde smiled widely. "Pleasure before business, then. Hahaha!" 

Klaus turned and walked to the bar. "Are you tired, my love?" He asked Poppy, rubbing her back gently. 

Poppy nodded against his chest. "Yes, Daddy.."

"Then we ought to get you to bed." He told her. 

April 28, 2010

Mystic Falls, Virginia

The Woods 

Elena walked in the dark through a forest along side a witch named Greta, who she had spent a small amount of time trying to save. Klaus had picked her up not long ago, for the sacrifice. 

"Where are we going?" She asked the witch. 

"This way." Was all Greta said. 

"You're Luka's sister, aren't you? I heard about you. He and your father were looking for you." Elena inquired. 

Greta let out a sigh. "Well, they were wasting their time. I wasn't lost."

Elena huffed, stumbling over a rock. "God, I can't see anything."

Greta held her hand out, fire lighting all around them. In a clearing ahead,  two bodies were laying down, causing Elena to rush toward one. She turned the body over, gasping at the sight. Jenna. 

"Jenna? Jenna, Jenna! Jenna? Hey, hey, Jenna! Jenna!" Elena exclaimed, her fingers searching her aunt's neck for a pulse. She frowned, not finding one. "Oh, my God. No. Jenna! No!" She turned to Greta. "He killed her? Why? I did everything that he asked." She cried, tears in her eyes. 

After she said that, Jenna's eyes snapped open and she gasped for air. 

"She's not dead." Greta told the doppelgänger. "She's in transition."

New Orleans - 1912 

Poppy stared up at the ceiling as she laid in her crib, holding her feet in her hands. The rocking chair in the corner of her room began to sway, creaking as it did. 

"Niklaus, how is this happening?" A voice asked, sounding soft and confused. 

"Well, Delevingne, it appears she may be a witch." Her father's voice replied. 

"And the werewolf gene, there's no doubt she carries it." Delevingne spoke. 

"Then that makes her a hybrid." Niklaus told her, sounding proud. 

"How could you be proud of that?" Delevingne asked angrily. "If she kills someone, she'll trigger the gene, and be cursed every full moon. Do you seriously want that?"

"Delevingne, as a hybrid, she can pick and choose when she turns." He told the woman. "She'll be powerful."