"No," Damon breathed out in disbelief. "She didn't.." 

Mystic Falls, Virginia

The Streets 

On the streets of Mystic Falls, in a car, sat Elena, Poppy, and the Original vampire, Elijah Mikaelson, who sucked on a blood bag. Poppy, in the back seat, rubbed her head from her oncoming headache. She was worried it was her magic again, manifesting itself in the form of pain and oncoming visions, but perhaps it could be the stress. Elena, who was driving, looked at the Original. 

"You look better." She pointed out. 

"Where did you get the dagger?" Elijah asked as a reply. 

"I'll tell you everything. But we have to work together, Elijah. I need your word." Elena looked back at the road, pulling over. 

Elijah let out a sigh. "Your ability to make demands has long passed."

Elena shook her head. "No demands. I'm offering you my help. And in return, I want yours."

"And why should I even consider this?"

"The same reason that you haven't killed me. You need my help to kill Klaus. And I need you." The Gilbert girl responded. 

Poppy looked down at her phone, which buzzed. She looked at it and held it to her ear. 

"Where are you?" It was Stefan. "Are you okay? Is Elena with you?"

"Yes, I'm fine, Stefan," his little sister answered. "And yes, Elena is with me."

"Where's Elijah?"

"He's right here." Poppy answered, looking at her uncle. 

"Where? I'm on my way."

"No, Stefan, us three need some time alone." 

Stefan huffed "Listen to me. He can't be trusted...he'll use you to get to Klaus."

"Elijah is a noble man, Stefan. If anyone knows that, it's me. He lives by a code of honor. I can trust him. He knows that I'd be incredibly stupid to betray him again." Poppy spoke, looking into Elijah's eyes. "By removing the dagger, I have proven myself."

"You can't do this alone."

"It's my decision, Stefan. Make sure that Damon doesn't do anything stupid. Love you, bye." Poppy hung out, the two girls handing their phones to Elijah, who held his hand out. He placed them in his pocket. 

Mystic Falls, Virginia

The Salvatore Boarding Home 

"Did she just hang up on you?" Damon inquired, sitting on the couch near his brother. 

Stefan nodded. "She did."

Damon frowned. "Stefan, she's lost it."

Stefan rubbed his head. "If anyone can get him to help us kill Klaus, it's her."

Damon stood up. "Bonnie's the way to kill Klaus, Stefan. He thinks she's dead. We have a chance with her."

Stefan stood up also. "She'll kill herself in the process. Elena and Poppy are  looking for another way."

"Her way's going to get her killed." Damon argued. "So we need to find her and stop her. I'm not going to lose my little sister."

"No, you need to back off." Stefan warned.