Chapter 24 - Play time.

Start from the beginning

I sigh.

"I was going to leave on Tuesday." I clear my throat.

"My word still stands." He says sternly.

I pierce my lips together. "You're not letting me see her?!"

"No."

I stand suddenly, causing Victoria to pull away from me as the seat falls down from under me.

"You can't do that!" I scold.

"I am."

"She's my sister."

"You wanted nothing to do with her when you were younger."

"If she dies-

"She won't."

I run my hand through my hair with frustration. "This is uncalled for."

"You shouldn't have brought that car for her. She wouldn't be in this mess in the first place."

I gape as if I can see him. "You're blaming me?"

"Yes."

I pierce my lips together.

"Fuck you." I hang up the phone and throw the phone to the ground.

I'm panting, I'm shaking. Holy fuck I haven't been this angry in a while. I've missed it.

Running my hand through my hair again, my phone starts to ring and I turn it off. When I look up, I see Victoria sitting on the chair in silence.

I look down as my anger starts to calm down.

Waliyha.

What if she does die?! Please no! My hand skates over my mouth, the rough stubble along my jawline lightly scratches my skin.

"Re."

She stands quietly and closes up the distance between us.

"What's wrong?" She asks worried.

I swallow.

"Waliyha's in hospital."

She covers her mouth in shock. "What?!" Her voice is above a whisper.

I fill her in with everything and the same amount of questions that I wanted to ask, she was asking me. I wish I could answer them, but I couldn't because I only knew what I told her.

"Is she going to be okay?!" she questions urgently.

"She has to be. She's a fighter." I look down at Victoria and she bites her lip before wrapping her arms around the back or my neck. Comforting me.

"What happened at the end of the phone call?"

"Yaser."

"What did he say?" Her voice is so quiet.

"He doesn't want me to see her."

Victoria pauses and looks up at me as she steps back. "What?!"

I pull her back into my arms and hold her. "Everything was so perfect." I mumble.

"It still can be." Victoria whispers quietly into my chest.

"My little sister is in ICU." I state.

"I know."

"She's too young to die." My eyebrows furrow in frustration as I pull away.