Graduation

Jenny’s POV

                “How do I look?” I asked Sarah as I turned in circles showing off my summery dress.  The green sleeveless dress comes right above my knee and I accented the dress with a silver pendant necklace.  The pendant, a swallow, closely matches what Harry has on his chest.  I had gotten it when we were dating, but this was my first time to wear it in a long time.

                Sarah fidgeted nervously at the necklace, but otherwise seemed to approve. “You look cute,” Sarah complimented, “But the necklace…did Harry get that for you a while back?”

                “No,” I answered, “I saw it one day when I was shopping for a birthday gift for my mother back last semester.  I was still with Harry at the time, so I decided I had to have it,” I choked. “I had no idea at the time we would break up only a week later,”

                “I’m sorry I asked,” Sarah apologized.  “I didn’t realize it had that type of background,”

                “No, it’s okay, I’ve moved on from that moment.  Our first date in a long time is tomorrow and I’m actually excited about it.  After spending so much time as friends and being intimate with him during Spring Sing, I realize my life is much more boring without him.  I want him in my life,” I assured her.

                “Do you love him?” Sarah asked me seriously.

                “I don’t know,” I confessed, “I mean we kiss, we have a good time, but I feel a part of me still holds back.  You know?” Sarah simply nodded. “Could I say a part of me loves him? Yes,” Sarah squealed, “But can I say as a whole being I loved him? No.  I have doubts.  I have even more doubts since this is a second chance, but I’m not going to let that hold me back.  I have to take advantage of what opportunities come my way,”

                “As much as I would love to talk about this, we really need to walk over to the auditorium,” Sarah insisted. I checked the time on my phone and winced.  We seriously only had five minutes to walk over (and in high heels on top of it) to the auditorium that is a ten minute walk on a good day.

                “Let’s go,” I told her abruptly. “You look fantastic by the way.  I’m sure Liam will be pleased,” I joked to her.  Sarah got heated in the cheeks as she opened the door for the both of us.

                “I’m not trying to stimulate his imagination on purpose I swear,” Sarah defended.  I threw a skeptical look as Sarah wore a tight black dress that hugged her body perfectly with matching black heels.

                “Oh honey, he’ll want to make out with you the moment he lays his eyes on you,” I flattered.

                “You say this, but I know someone who will want to do the same with you in that dress,” Sarah raised her eyebrows seductively.

                “No, you are wrong, no,” I rejected.

                “But I’m so right,” Sarah smiled evilly.  I groaned because I knew she was right.  “Still aren’t you two going to clear up what you two will be soon?  I mean we are going to graduation,” I looked at her sullenly holding back tears.  In a way, today was a departure day for us all.  Louis would graduate this afternoon after Eleanor and Perrie are already graduated this morning.

                Zayn will leave the USA for married life in UK, Louis will go back home with Eleanor, and the other guys would go back home for the summer.  Cara would go back home after the wedding and so would Sarah.  The only person to be left behind would be me and that’s what makes me sad the most.  I will be all alone within minutes of Van Buren and no one I truly love will be there.