Perrie and Theta Mu

Zayn’s POV

                “Are you ready yet?” I hear Perrie cry from my room.  I’m still in the bathroom grooming myself for every last stray hair I can see.  Perrie is always constantly amused how long it takes me to get ready for a party like this.  I mean I’m always constantly checking my appearance, but events like these make me super picky about how I look.  Vanity has always been one of my biggest weaknesses and I’m glad that Perrie is willing to overlook that every single day.

                I’m examining myself one last time and I approve of what I see.  I’m wearing a light blue suit with a pink plaid button up shirt (this is a Theta Mu event I’m going to after all) with my hair stylized to stick up like I always have it.  My beard looks good and I walk out of the door to see my gorgeous fiancée.  It’s wonderful I get to call her that now.  “You better believe it!  I’m ready to show you off to all the girls.  They’ve been dying to meet you.  Cara’s already excited about today.”

                “I’m glad to hear that,” Perrie said sweetly.  She holds her hand in mine and I squeeze gently back.  We walk out of my room and we walk to the back entrance and we head to the room the girls have reserved for our party.  I was immediately suspicious of what this could be since they have left me out of all the meetings, but they wanted it to be a surprise of sorts, so I let them be.

                We have to weave in and out of traffic patterns formed by the hordes of alumni who are here to roam our campus for this Homecoming weekend.  I know a lot of people are getting ready for the big American football game.  I keep telling myself I’ll go to one of these “football” games, but since it’s not real football I have a hard time to bring myself to do it.  I know Niall and Louis have gone once together when the girls were busy and they said they preferred regular football over what they saw.

                Niall still really liked it though while Louis was unimpressed with what he saw.  I know Louis had a childhood dream of playing as a professional football player and he’s even auditioned once or twice to get on the team.  I for one don’t care as much about sports as they do so I figured if Louis wasn’t impressed then I would probably bore myself to death by going to a game.

                You think since we haven’t talked much on the way to the party that this would awkward, but it isn’t with Perrie.  Just being with her and seeing her beautiful smile is enough for me.  Her hand in mine as we walk among is so refreshing.  We caught up on each other last night when she came in from Conway.  “So what do you think this party is going to be like?” Perrie said after a few minutes had passed.

                “I don’t know, they’ve kept this a secret from me,” I admitted.

                “So they actually keep secrets from you?” Perrie asked surprised.  I laughed at her statement.

                “I suppose so after all we’ve been through,” I joked, “I know what they wanted this to be special for both of us though.  When I told them you’re coming, they literally jumped for joy.  They’ve asked me about doing a shower for you, so I can’t help but wonder if that’s what we’re getting into,”

                “Could be,” Perrie answered, “We’ll just to have to see.” She winks at me and I can feel my cheeks blushing like a teenage girl and I’m just so happy she’s here and has been here the entire weekend.  We walk inside in the Martin building where the girls got a room and we walk inside to see a sign and I gasp and Perrie squeals in excitement.

Wedding Shower for the Maliks!

To Be Wed on May 3

Room 150