Jersey Day

Jenny’s POV

                It's the Monday of Club Week and I’m stressed about what all I have to do today.  It’s crazy to me this is only the first day and I’m already nervous to the max.  Mid-terms are creeping up on us all the while I have activities and classes nonstop till late at night and I’m wondering how I’ll fit everything into the schedule.  But I also have been looking extremely forward to this day because today I get to wear a jersey for the very first time.

                Having a jersey to me symbolizes my status of almost being in.  For many, the jersey is what helps us truly believe we are included and a member.  I put on and I look at it for a few moments.  It’s a black jersey with pink letters that have a white trim that say ‘Venustas’.  The collar of the shirt and the ends of the sleeves are the same pink as the letters.  Someone else’s last name is on the back for now and also a number as well.  The right sleeve also has our club symbol on it which is the crown.

                I see Callie come out of the bathroom after having done her hair and she’s wearing her jersey which is a red shirt with purple letters that have a white trim.  The collar and the ends of the sleeves were black and the right sleeve had the Cutie Bug symbol which is a purple ladybug with white dots.  She’s seem super excited and it makes me happy to see her that way.  “What do you think?  Do I look like a Ko Ju Gii to you?” Callie asked me.  “I’m thinking about put on my wings that my big gave me,”

                I forget she already has been a big sister (or simply a big) which is an old member decides to give items specially to you.  Apparently wearing wings and halos are a big thing for this club.  For all I can see, they might as well be clothed Victoria’s Secret models.  “Do the pose and then I’ll tell you,” I teased.  Callie bends her hip and puts one hand on her hip while the other flashes a peace sign.

                “Ko Ju GiI!” She said in her most saccharine voice.

                “I think you’re good to go,” I told her seriously.  “Save the wings for tonight,” She approved and then Sarah came in her jersey which is a green shirt with yellow letters and a white trim.  The symbol on the right sleeve on her right arm was two “Y” that intersected to form an interesting shape.  What they had to do with her club I have no idea.

                “Are y’all excited about today?  I like those jerseys on y’all!”  Sarah complimented.

                “Yeah, I’m so excited.  I can’t wait till I get to learn more about my club and do team building activities this afternoon.  It’s going to be a good day,” Callie told us.

                “I guess so.  I’m just too stressed to be too excited about this.” I told her.

                “It’s ok, I’m sort of the same way.  Liam and I have a test at the end of the week and I have no idea how we’re going to fit in our study session we normally do a couple days before,” Sarah said worriedly.

                “We’ll get through this.  Even if our grades suck this week, we’ll get through it. Don’t worry too much while I try not to stress too much.”  I told her.

                “I hope you’re right.  I just hope after all these mixers and craziness, I can meet up with Liam somehow.” Sarah said with lingering for Liam all over her face.  I’m always amazed how crazy they are with each other.  I can tell she thinks about him literally every second.

                “We got all club nights remember?  See him then,” Callie encouraged.  “I’m sure your club wouldn’t mind if you stopped by HMS to see Liam if only for a moment,”