Forgive Me?

Jenny’s POV

                After a delightful dinner with Sarah, Niall, and Liam, I head back to Sarah’s and my room while everyone else heads to a lab or the library.  I walk out of the cafeteria and I can’t help but feel I’m being watched.  I intentionally walk slower and look around to see if anyone’s nearby, but I can’t see who it is.  You’d think as spacious as this campus is, it’d be easy to find a stalker.

                When I walk closer towards my dorm, I turn into an alleyway and my heart skips a beat while gasped loudly.  If it wasn’t Harry Styles himself all grins and giggles.  He has his head tilted flashing his trademark bright smile peering into my very soul with eyes lit up at my very appearance. “Hello, gorgeous.  You’re just the person I wanted to see,”

                “Uh,” I stammered.  This is strange.  He’s been avoiding me all this time and now he thinks we can return to how we were?  Uh no. “What do you want?” I said roughly.

                “I want to talk to you privately.  I want to apologize.  For everything,” Harry stated. I dare myself to look at him in the eyes to see if he’s telling the truth.  From the expression, I see on his face, I think he is being truthful.

                “Can we do this off-campus?” I asked.  He thought about it for a minute.

                “Absolutely, I’ll drive,” Harry offered.  He held out his hand and I try to resist, but I give in and give him my keys.  When he can see that giving him my keys was hard enough, he looked at me seriously.  “Thanks.  Where’s your car, love?”

                “It’s to the right,” I said quietly.  We walk together in silence as we made the way to my car.  Harry looks at me from time to time to try to decipher what’s going through my head, but I’m not going to let him do that anytime soon.  I don’t like the look on his face though.  It’s a sad and pained look.  Niall told me he’s looked this since we broke up, but I find that hard to believe.

                I get lost in my train of thought before I notice we are already at my car.  Harry unlocks the car and he sits in the driver seat while I hop in the passenger side.  The entire process of getting into the car and starting the car was also commenced in total silence.  At first, I was ok with this, but I’m starting to feel uncomfortable about doing all this with an ex-boyfriend.

                “Where are we going?” I asked mainly just to break the awkwardness between us.

                “Somewhere nice and private where we won’t be seen by other students,” Harry said simply.

                “Good,” I clear my throat, “So, are you still with that witch of yours?”

                “You mean Callie?”

                “Yeah, who else would I call a witch?” I retorted. I really wanted to say ‘bitch’, but I decide to hold my tongue in case if he was all defensive about her.

                “I’ve been distancing myself from her slowly,” He answered.  I find this answer really vague, but I decide I’m not really in the mood to know why until we get out of the car.  After a few minutes on the road, we find ourselves in a very small town as Harry drives into a parking lot of a closed warehouse.  I don’t pay attention to anything around the place as Harry stops the car and opens my door for me.

                I thank him politely and we walk towards the back of the property into a forested area by a creek. When we got to some trees, Harry sat down with his back on a trunk and I do the same on a tree across from his.  He clears his throat as he begins to speak.  “I don’t think we’ll be bothered here.”