Sugarloaf

Jenny’s POV

                Before I could blink, Harry had rubbed all evidence of tears off his face, but his eyes are still puffy and red.  I look at him sympathetically and we reunite with our friends separately.  Harry hangs out with Niall and Cara while I head towards Sarah and Liam.  Luckily, none of the guys asked what was going on, but I see the look on Sarah’s face and I brace for impact.

                Sarah intentionally grabs my arm and I stand still while we let the guys advance several paces in front of us.  “What the hell, Jenny?” She asked.

                “It’s a long story, Sarah, I was hugging him as a friend, not as a lover,” I said bitterly emphasizing the relationship is most definitely platonic at the moment.

                “It sure didn’t look like it,” Sarah said defensively, “So what’s going on?”

                “Callie is accusing him of rape and trying to get him kicked out,” I explained.

                “What?  I thought he said, she was the one that started it,” Sarah said confused.

                “Exactly, she’s lying like she always does,” I concurred.

                “You don’t say?” she said sarcastically.  Thank God, I’m not the only person in our group that’s sarcastic. “How he’s going to get not expelled then and win the case?”

                “He’s going to tell the truth and we are going to back him up because we both now she wasn’t crying for help that night they did it,” I told her.

                “What night was it?”

                “He says November 12,” Sarah creased her eyebrows in deep thought as we kept walking towards the bluff top.  We walk for a few minutes and I see a light bulb click in her head.  “Do you remember anything particular?”

                “I do actually,” Sarah started, “I remember the moaning sounds late that night, but I also remember earlier that night I saw some products I remembered us not having.  They were in a Wal-Mart bag and I remember there was some sort of oil in there and Vaseline as well,”

                “Oh God,” I spat out.  I looked at her disgusted and she looked at me equally disgusted, “You didn’t touch it after the fact, did you?”

                “No, they were her groceries, course I didn’t,” Sarah said resolutely.

                “You should tell about the items at the court, it could make it look like she planned it because Harry never left his toiletries in our bathroom.  We knew he was always next door, but he always kept his stuff in her room,” I pointed out.

                “Yes, it could help, because if she loses this, do you think she would get kicked out?” Sarah said a little too excitedly.

                “Potentially, I mean having unmarried sex and then lying about it too should be a pretty big penalty.  I’m just worried for him,” I told her.  Sarah gave me a raised eyebrow and an awkward cough.

                “Really?  I thought a part of you hated his guts,” Sarah said perplexed.

                “Yeah,” I said slowly trying to process my thoughts, “but my hate for Callie runs deeper than what I feel for him.  If she got away with kicking him out, I don’t think I could live with myself,”