Fall Break: The Surprise

Zayn’s POV

                Right now, I’m with Louis in his car on the way to Conway to go see our girlfriends.  We packed our bags after class and now we’re making the drive over there.  We’ve already done this a couple times, so we’re pros at this road now.  Right now, we’re on the two lane highway with quite a ways to go.  “Did you tell your girlfriend you’re coming?” Louis asked me with his eyes on the road.

                “No, I wanted to surprise her this time.  I want tonight to be very special.” I told him.

                “Oh, is it an anniversary of how long you’re dating?” He asked me.

                “No, it’s better than that. I’ll whisper it to you.” I said greedily.  I leaned into his ear and I told him my plans.  His face lights up.

                “Wow, that’s great.  I hope she likes the idea too.” Louis had the biggest grin on his face.  “That’s brave of you.  I’m not even at that point to where I want to do that with Eleanor.  Will you need my car?  I’ll gladly let you have it.”

                “That’s really kind of you, Louis, but Perrie has a car.” I said smoothly.

                “Oh yeah, I forget that.  Eleanor loves that she has one.  She likes going off campus a lot.” He laughed heartily.  We sit a few minutes in silence until Louis turns on the radio and we listen to that.  The music calms me slightly, but I’m still really nervous about my plans for tonight.  I just hope I wasn’t rushing this in her mind.  I was crazy for Perrie and the thought of seeing her made me so happy.

                “You’ll be staying at the apartment too, right?” Louis clarified.  Eleanor and Perrie share an apartment together adjacent to the campus since it’s cheaper than staying at a dorm on campus for juniors.  It’s a one room apartment, so it’s pretty small.

                “Yeah, if you want the one couch they have, that’s cool.  Unless if you want to share the bed with Eleanor.” I said cheekily.

                “I would if it’s a two room apartment, believe me I would.  It’s just a one room and I would hate to force Perrie onto a couch or the floor.”  He said.  I guess he had a point.  We need to let the girls have the bed.

                “Let’s do that.  Let’s be the gentlemen.  We’ll take the couch or floor.  How big is the couch?  Do you remember?” Louis asked me.  I shrugged.

                “I think it’s only big enough for one of us to sleep on unless if you’re a firm believer of cuddling closely.” I told him.

                “I like you, Zayn, but not enough to be cuddled to death by you.” Louis smirked.  I laughed at his remark and we drove on a good day to see our girlfriends.

~~~~~~

                I used Perrie’s car to drive her to this really nice restaurant I heard about thanks to Google.  We’re in the car on our way there and she is stunning.  She’s wearing a silver sparkling dress and it fits her perfectly.  I’m having a really hard time focusing on the road because she is so beautiful.  I’m trying my best to remember American driving rules that I got from Louis, but it’s a struggle.  She has to keep reminding about the whole driving on the right side of the road thing.  It makes me wish America wasn’t so different from the rest of the world on a lot of basic things like driving, temperatures, and measurements.