Jersey Night

Jenny’s POV

                I never thought this day would come.  The day I could say it is the beginning of Spring Sing week.  I have worked for such a long time and for today to finally be here, I am overjoyed.  Classes go by quickly as the only thing that is on my mind is performing my show for the first time in front of a live audience.

                I may not be doing a real show today, but the fact I have a show actually makes me happy.  As soon as I come back to my room after class, I hurriedly pull off my shirt and put on my club jersey.  As soon as I put on mine, Sarah walks in with a huge smile on her face. “It’s time!” Sarah giggled.

                “Jersey Day!” I replied in kind raising my arms up.

                “I can’t believe it!  It’s Spring Sing week, we’re almost done!” Sarah cheered and we ran into each other to do a hug.  We let go of each other when Sarah quickly changed into her jersey.  Once Sarah has it on, she asks, “Ready to go?  We have to get there really early to do makeup,”

                “Yeah, let’s do this!” I answered happily.  We walk out of our room in anticipation of tonight that has far exceeded any activity I have done on campus up to this point.  “I can’t wait to see all the shows,”

                “Yeah, tonight we’ll get to see all of them except for maybe the one right before and after us,” Sarah noted, “I overheard we’re the last club show in the first half?”

                “That’s what Zoe said,” I answered her, “Do you know you when Liam performs?”

                “He told me second half, so we should see him,” Sarah smiled excitedly, “Do you know about Zayn and Cara?”

                “I think they are the first show,” I thought out loud skeptically, “I know Niall performs at the very end though,”

                “So we should be able to see everyone?” Sarah clarified.

                “I think so,” I replied cheerfully.  I seriously have no idea how Sarah and I are this happy right now.  The end of the school year is definitely near which probably plays a big part in it.

                “I can’t wait to see Liam in a suit and tie for his show,” Sarah giggled ferociously. “He always looks handsome when he’s dressed up,”

                “I’m sure Zayn’s outfit will be priceless too though,” I pointed out. “He said he was basically shirtless with a grass skirt,”

                Sarah laughed merrily. “I was thinking more along the lines of Harry dressing up as Braveheart,” she whispered.

                “I’m sure that will be quite entertaining as well.  Harry should look amusing in a kilt and with a gallon of face paint on his body,” I realized.  We stopped our light banter as we walked inside the room where we were to meet to see twenty girls all busily preparing their partner’s makeup.  

                “Jenny!” Zoe said excitedly from a distance.  I turned my attention towards hers as she walked up to me. “Glad to see you’re here.  Sarah, your small part are meeting up right now in the room next door, so I suggest you meet up with them,” Sarah nodded awkwardly and went away to the other room.

                “Where was I?” Zoe asked herself distractedly, “Yes, I’m glad to see you are in your jersey, but when Harry comes, I want you two to switch jerseys?” I looked at her hoping she was kidding.  She took my implication, “No, I’m dead serious.  I always make lead parallel roles switch.  It helps you stand out from the large part ensemble,”