All Hail the Clubs of Van Buren College

Zayn’s POV

                This afternoon is the big club open house that the girls insisted we needed to go to, so the lads and I make our way to the Park where the event is taking.  We agreed to meet up with the girls there and then we would meet up with the clubs and eat supper in the cafeteria as a group.  Since Perrie cannot always be around, I’ve been calling and texting her about this, but she wants to me to do it.  I suppose I could use some new friends besides my group and the girls they liked.

                “So does anyone know anything about any of these clubs we’re visiting?” Niall asked us.  All of us shake our heads and make it obvious we had no idea about any of this until yesterday. “I’m just wondering how these clubs are.”

                “It could be like back in school in England where one club has athletes and the others have more geeky types.” Liam suggested.

                “I hope it’s something a little bit better than that.” I said hopefully.  I doubt it, but I hope so anyway.  On the way back from the lake, the girls told us a couple things about the clubs like functions, meetings, and the names, but I’m not too optimistic about this. 

                “Cheer up, mate,” Harry lightly punched me in the arm. “This is supposed to be an experience.  Let’s make us some American friends.” He smiled cheekily.

                “Is that the girls over there?” Liam asked pointing to 3 girls talking to each other.  I look at them more closely.

                “I think it is.” I tell him.  We walk over to where they are and we all hug and greet each other.  After the hugs are done, we form our clump away from the club booths.  From the action I saw going on, I can tell this was not my way of making new friends, but I’ll give it a shot.

                “Y’all ready for this?” Callie asked us.  She’s already clapping and giggling over it.

                “Yeah, totally.  Where do we start?” Harry asked.

                “I think all the guy clubs are on the left side of the Park while the girl clubs are on the right side.  We probably should split up since there’s other 20 clubs here represented.” Jenny suggested.  We all agree to it and the girls go towards the clubs of their choosing.  I walk with the lads until I feel a tap on my shoulder.  I turn around and there is a short girl staring at me.  She has black hair and hazel eyes and suddenly she smiles at me.  I’m officially confused because I’ve never seen her before.

                “May I help you?” I asked nervously.  She grabs me by the wrist and takes me towards one of the girl club’s booths.  The girls are watching me strangely as they watch this and I just shrug my shoulders at them.  Before I know it, the mystery girl has me seated on a stool behind the booth of Theta Mu, I think (I’m not good at reading Greek symbols) and she still has that smile plastered on her face.

                “Hi, I’m Laura and I have a pretty big favor to ask you.” She said in a pretty girly voice.  We lean closer to each other causing the actual girls working the booth to roll their eyes at us and the girls visiting to awkwardly look at us.  “We’re having a beau problem at our club right now and I kinda need help getting some men to act as our beau.”

                “A beau? What’s that?” I asked her quietly.  Our voices are now down to just a whisper so no one around us can hear.

                “They are male members of girl clubs.  Guys have the same thing called queens.  But that’s not the point.  I need you to be a beau by showing the girls of Theta Mu support.  Our official beaus are being real pains in the neck so I need some help to grab guys to be unofficial beaus until December when I can make you legal.”