The Corn Maze

Jenny’s POV

                I’m so excited for today because everyone is going to the Corn Maze tonight.  The group will be Harry, Callie, Sarah, Liam, Niall, Louis, Eleanor, Perrie, Zayn, and me that heads out to the middle of nowhere to go through an epic corn maze.  As usual, we cram ourselves into two cars as head out to conquer the maze at night which is way more fun.  It’s already well past supper time, so I think this is going to be fun.  In my car is me, Harry, Niall, Louis, and Eleanor.

                “So where exactly are heading?”  Louis asked with great skepticism.  I don’t blame him.

                “Nowhere that you would have ever heard of.  Just trust me.   It’s a great maze.”  I assured him.  Louis pursed his lips awkwardly to form a closed smile.

                “So is a corn maze like a maize maze?  I know corn here has a different meaning.” Harry asked me.

                “Yeah, corn here is the vegetable with yellow kernels and we use it to make popcorn,” I told him.  I see a light bulb lit up in Harry’s eyes as I said that.

                “So that’s why they call it popcorn.  You make the corn pop to get those puffed kernels.  It makes sense now.”  Harry said with deep realization.  “But that’s not the point, we have similar things in the UK.  I’ve been to one before.  I always like to hide in the stalks and scare people.”  Harry winked at me.

                “It’s even more fun to do at night and try to convince people you’re a zombie.  You wouldn’t believe the look I get from people’s faces.” Louis said cheerfully.  Eleanor just rolled her eyes at Louis.  Louis is so lucky to have someone who loves for his regular insanity and stupidity.  Niall then turned on his flashlight and make a ghoulish face.

                “Boo, I’m the Irish ghost from Halloween’s past.  Fear me for I will call upon the leprechauns of doom on your soul.”  Niall said in his best spooky voice.  Unfortunately at him, we all thought it was hilarious and just laugh at him while he’s does it.

                “Ooh, I’m so scared over here.  Leprechauns are going to kill me.” Louis said sarcastically.  Niall just punches him in the shoulder and Louis tenses up.  “Watch it, mate.  That actually hurt now.”  The whole time Harry is watching me drive silently.  I use one hand to drive while I hold his hand with the other hand.  I use to never drive with one hand, but then Harry wanted to hold my hand, so I’ve learned to relent one to him.  I love the feel of his green eyes looking at me wondering what I’m thinking.  I can feel Harry’s thumb stroking my hand and it just feels so right for him to be with me. 

                 “So long do we have?”  Niall said bouncing up and down like a trained puppy.

                “It’s only a couple more minutes.  We passed by the last town we’ll see.  Now we just have to drive this highway a minute or two.” I replied casually.  Callie’s car is leading us and I have to yet to see signs from her she’s turning.

                “Perfect, I’m ready to solve this maze and then spook people out.” Niall said mischievously.

                “I’m sure that’ll pretty hard to do with older kids like us over there wanting to do the same thing.  I’m sure all the little kids are gone by now.” Eleanor commented.

                “You listen to her, son.  Aren’t you the best, I know you are,” Louis said in a puppy dog voice leaning his face towards her for a kiss.  Eleanor smiled and kissed him back and then they reluctantly stopped since they remembered they were sharing the car.