Nashville Bound

Liam’s POV

                I grabbed my bag with what I will be taking with me this weekend to go Sarah’s house.  I leave my dorm leaving only Harry and Niall behind at the suite.  I arranged me to meet up with Sarah at her car and we planned to be at her house by late tonight.  I walked across campus to the girl dorm area and I see Sarah loading her suitcase in her car.  She turns around to see me and waves for me to come to the car.

                I quicken my pace and when I get close, I reach out and give Sarah a hug and a kiss on the cheek.  “How are you?  Are you ready for this weekend?” I asked her.  Sarah smiles really big, but she looks nervous.

                “Yeah, I am.  My family is looking forward to meeting you.  I’ve told them a little bit about you and it sounds like they like you.  We’ll have to see though.  I think we’ll all get along.  Just may take the first day we’re there.” She chuckled half-heartedly.

                “Relax, babe.  I’ll be sure to be on my best behavior.” I assured her.  She lightly bit her lips.

                “I mean I know the boys always joke about you being the dad of the group, so I think you’ll be fine.  Let’s load the car.  I’ll tell all you know to about my family on the way there.” She told me.  I put my bag up in the backseat and I get inside the passenger seat right by Sarah who will be driving us.  I wanted to drive us, but Sarah insisted she drive since I’ve never driven in the States before.

                She turns the car on and we speed our way off campus.  I wait for a few minutes for us to be outside of the town and on the road before I start a conversation.  “So what are we doing this weekend since we are seeing your family?” I asked her.  I have been curious for some time.

                “Well,  my dad wants to take us three camping for Friday and then Saturday morning, you and dad are supposed to be up at the crack of dawn to go shoot deer with bows.  After we do that, we’ll head back home and just relax I’m assuming.  I think the camping will be fun.  I don’t know if you’ve ever hunted in your life, so I hope you'll like that with my dad.  He’s really interested in having man time with you.” Sarah told me.  I find that interesting.

                “Hunting with a bow and arrow?  You can do that here?” I said perplexed.  Sarah looked at me confused.

                “Yes, is that something you don’t do in the UK?” Sarah said with furrowed eyebrows turning for a second to look at me.

                “No, we don’t.  Or at least, I’ve never heard of it.” I tell her nervously.

                “I forget how much cultural differences there can be between us even though we speak the same language.  It’s strange really.  I like dating you though.  Your differences are so special to me.  I like you just the way you are.” She smiled and laughed a little.

                “Well, I do too.  I wouldn’t want you to be any different.  I like dating a Southern belle.” I winked at her and she blushes incredibly red.

                “So do you want to talk about my family right now?” She asks me nervously.

                “Sure.  Let’s start with your siblings and then your parents.” I told her.  She gives a big breath and begins her spill.

                “Well, I have an older brother Sam who goes to the local private college there in Nashville that is very similar to Van Buren called Leighton University.  They even have the same swings as we do at Van Buren.  He’s a really nice guy.  He’s super nerdy like me because he’s the one who introduced me to Doctor Who and some other shows like Sherlock, Downton Abbey, and Buffy.”  She cleared her throat.