Tension

Liam’s POV

                “It’s a nice little pasture, isn’t it?” I told Zayn.  Zayn breathed in and out slowly.  “I mean it’s not the most picturesque, but you said it was reasonable, right?”

                “Yeah,” Zayn started slowly.  I glanced at the meadow we were in at a camp that Zayn was considering doing his wedding since it was only of a few places that accepted his budget price and it was closest place to campus.  “Do you think Perrie would be all right with the gymnasium thing for our reception?  That’s the only way I could get this place at the right price,”

                We walked over to the gymnasium.  It was spacious and had a roof which is nice for an outdoor gymnasium.  There were only a few bleachers, but the floor was not cracked.  “I think she will be fine with it,” I confessed. “This isn’t her dream wedding, it’s in the UK.  Just think of it as a way for us to celebrate all together with our American friends and girlfriends.  You’re doing this wedding to satisfy the friends who get to see it in the UK,”

                “I know, she really wants one for hers,” Zayn rambled, “but I still want it to look good, y’know?”

                “I get it,” I told him, “But I’m sure by the time we get some nice chairs and tables and sweep up the floor a bit, this can be pretty.  Decorate the place with some ribbon or whatever they use and it should be good.  You just have to see the potential, mate,”

                “I’m trying,” Zayn confessed, “I just feel bad it won’t be picture prefect by the time we’re using suits, not tuxedos, and the bridesmaids are not going to be wearing the same dress.  I’m just worried.  Perrie deserves more than what she’ll get here,”

                “And she will get what she deserves in England,” I assured. “Don’t stress mate, just make this day fun and then you’ll be leaving America with your new bride.  How great is that?”  Zayn smiled when he imagined himself taking Perrie back home as his new bride.

                “My parents would probably shoot me if they saw me parading Perrie as my bride before the wedding, but I can say we are…in America,” Zayn blurted out.  We shared a small laugh between us.  “Seriously though, we’ll definitely be sharing a bed as a wedding couple that night, but we’ll have to wait another week before we can do it for good once we’re back,”

                “Once we’re back, we only have what 3 months till we leave?” I asked.  Zayn thought about it.

                “Yeah, 3 months, mate, then we’ll be in the UK,” Zayn answered. 

                “Will you be staying there after the wedding?” I asked him.

                “Yeah, I think so, both of us are transferring to a uni in London and getting a flat together.  We haven’t heard if we’ve been accepted yet,” Zayn told me.  I felt my heart sink.  I had figured this entire time he wasn’t coming back.  I guess that means I should try to find a new roommate during this semester, just another thing to add an insanely long list.  “How’s Sarah by the way? I heard from Niall that Sarah got really mad when he mentioned your name to her the other day.”

                I tensed up and turned to stare at him.  “Not good, I sort of said something that most likely offended her and the sad thing is I didn’t even mean to!  I thought it was funny, but then she heard and got all defensive and left in the middle of one of our homework dates,”