Testimony

Harry’s POV

                “Callie, you may now take the stand,” The student life committee leader calls.  Callie rises up from her section of friends on the opposite side of the room to take a stand and give her testimony.  I feel the anger boiling within me, but I want to look as cool and calm as possible.  I am sitting with my friends who have agreed to give testimony or just supporting me like the lads.  I, Niall, Jenny, Sarah, and their RA are all witnesses for me.

                The committee is situated between Callie’s side and a podium sits in the back of the room with chairs around it on all sides.  Callie first introduces herself and then she “explains” what happened.  It all sounds like total blah to me, but I see the looks on the committee and I’m sweating all over.  Basically the “story” she has crafted went like this: I had a bad day and I went out shopping to get some stuff (to explain the Vaseline and oil we used).  Once I got back to the room, like I always did, I got unusually touchy by forcing her to make out with me and she told me to stop touching her.

                Then it proceeds to where I rip the clothes off her and force her to take mine off of my body and then I forced myself into her while she cries out in terror.  Jenny and Sarah listen to her story and they seemed unfazed even fact confused by the whole retelling of what happened.  I try not to think about what that one speech could do for the rest of my life as Callie comes off the podium hugged by her Koju bugs. 

                After Callie came off, two Kojus who claimed they were in the room next door to her room (but not in the suite) heard loud screams of “stop!” from their room at 1 in the morning vividly telling how it woke them up and the rest I don’t pay attention to at all.  When they come off the stage, another person comes on who claims to be Callie’s best friend and who is her room semester claimed how Callie would never have sex and all this other bullshit I just laugh internally at.

                Once she goes down, I hear from on the members, “Harry, you may now take a stand,” Jenny rubs my shoulder and smiles a tightlipped smile my way.  The others just simply acknowledge my leave as I slowly get up and head up to the podium.  I cancel all of the negativity swirling in me channeling confidence.  I can do this.  I can save myself from an expulsion.  I can sound convincing.  I have to try.

                “Hello,” I told the committee looking straight at them the entire time, “My name is Harry Styles and I am the defendant off this case.  You will be hearing myself, my roommate Niall, and Jenny’s roommates from the incident, Jenny and Sarah, and from their RA at the time for my defense.   I will begin the testimonials and we are saving all questions for our side at the end of every confession,”

                “From my side of the story, on November 12, 2013, I had come to Callie’s room since I was basically staying over the night in her room every single night for a long time even after curfew often.  I had just back from dinner and Callie entered the room with just a bathrobe on.  Callie then slowly took off her bathrobe and then she stood there naked.

                “Like most teenage boys, I was aroused to say the least.  I was dating Callie at the time, but I wasn’t ready to have sex with her at the time.  I felt forced going into the routine.  Callie then climbed herself over me             and began to kiss me.  I kissed her back, but I’m remembered whispering to her, “no,” between all the kisses because of how uncomfortable I felt the whole time about this,”

                “While we kissed, Callie had undone the buttons on my shirt and jeans and practically ripped them both off of me.  I was alarmed, but we made out all the time and numerous times I’m wearing nothing but a pair of boxers.  My worry was confirmed when Callie started to tug on my boxers while we were still making out and pull them off me to reveal my bulge.