Post Fall Break Blues

Zayn’s POV

                It’s past curfew on the Monday after Fall Break (yes, we have one.  It’s insanely dumb.) and all the lads are here after a fun weekend and an awful Monday.  Liam and I walked into Harry and Niall’s room where we sat down on their chairs while they’re both sitting on their beds with books surrounding them.  “Hello, mates.”  Harry said awkwardly. 

                “Hey, how was your weekend, Harry?  I’m assuming it was good.” I winked at him and he just blushed.

                “Yeah, I had an all-day date with Jenny and it was awesome.  I’m excited for my first gig as a part of Dames and Dukes too.  We’re making some good music.  I’m excited to perform here in a couple weeks.” Harry told me. “Though I wasn’t the lucky one who got engaged this weekend,” He looked at me cheekily.  Now I’m blushing just thinking about a few days ago at the lake.  I will remember her face forever when I showed her the ring.

                “I’ll remember that for the rest of my life.  My heart still pounds as I think about it.  We got several things planned over the next two days.   Would you all be opposed to go tux shopping relatively soon?  I have to wait till Perrie picks out the colors of the wedding and what the bridesmaids are wearing, but as soon as we do that, all of you will go shopping for your groomsmen outfits.” I told them.

                “Sure, I’m up for it.” Niall spoke up first.

                “I will do anything you need to me.  I am your best man after all.” Liam said heartedly giving me a hard pat on the shoulders.

                “Absolutely, I’ll come.” Harry agreed.

                “Sweet, I don’t think it’ll happen anytime soon, but I’ll let you know once we’re ready to do it.” I told them.  I see all their tired faces as they look at homework and I can see the Monday blues.  Rooming with your best friends I’ve learned has its perks and cons.  When it’s a night like this, it’s not fun at all, but on a good weekend night, it’s the most fun I have. 

                “So tell us about your weekend, Liam.  I heard it was quite…interesting.”  Harry said with a dramatic pause.  He’s toying with some music theory homework but he really isn’t doing it.  Liam takes a big breath.

                “Yes it was.  The ride over there was wonderful.  She told me about her family and I got to see more of America, but then we got to her house.” Liam bit his lip.  All the lads make inaudible noises for him to continue.  “Let’s just say I was pretty intimidated by her dad right off.  He’s a burly hunter and he was sharpening a huge knife right on the front porch sitting next to his prized rifle collection.”

                Harry immediately stops what he’s doing to look at him.  I probably should be trying to do homework, but I’m not in the mood. “You serious?  That’s pretty rough.” Harry said comically.

                “So the father tries to come off as possible Texas Chainsaw Massacre dude, ok, keep going.” Niall motioned for him to go.

                “I can tell right away he disapproves of me and then he stands up and he can stare me down.  It was pretty scary.  The guy was nearly 2 meters tall!  He talks about my tattoos with great distaste and I’m just not sure what to think at that point.” Liam exhales so much air his lips vibrate. “He leaves me instantly and then I meet her brother and her mom.  Now they are actually really nice.  In fact, Sarah’s mom invited me to come back on Thanksgiving break!”  He said excitedly.