Chapter 41: Infinity? Ironic

Start from the beginning

I turned and started speaking, "Mason we should-" But he cut me off.

"Derina please. Just stop talking." He said and his voice was husky.

This felt like the moment we once had in his bedroom. I remember it well.

He was holding me by the waist and my hands were on his chest. I could feel his heart beating rapidly.

"I am sorry that I keep hurting you all time. I regret my decisions." He said. I could see honesty in his eyes.

"But, there's only one thing I will regret not doing." He said to me and I wanted to ask what it was but then he didn't let me speak because he kissed me.

It was a toe curling kiss. I could feel it till my feet. It was like an electric charge. It felt so good to be doing this after a long time. Only day dreaming about kissing him senseless and actually doing it is great. I responded immediately because I didn't want to think about the cons of this kiss. Because if I did, I would have to stop him from kissing me. And I really didn't care about the problems we were going through. I didn't want to think about all our fights and disagreements. But I knew this was wrong. He pulled back after some time. We were both breathless. He looked into my eyes. I distanced myself from him and then looked at him.

"You shouldn't do this." I said almost in a whisper. It was the same sentence he had said to me in Seattle in his painting room.

And I ran. I unlocked the door and ran outside. I was not ready to get my heart broken again. I was never going to be ready for that. He really shouldn't have kissed me.

Because that kiss was weird. I didn't want to say it. But it just felt like a goodbye. It felt like one last kiss. I wasn't ready for that either.

_____________________

I walked through the people and reached my friends.

"Can we just go to the basement?" Daniel was asking someone. Aiden just chuckled.

Everyone was getting bored here. All their parents were wishing me.

"Hey Derina, Happy birthday!" Tina hugged me.

"Thank you." I smiled.

"What would you give up Nick?" Nathan asked him.

"What are you guys talking about?" I asked.

"We were talking about sex and food." Jess said.

"That's a gross combination" I said and rolled my eyes.

"I meant, what would you give up sex or food?" Nathan asked Nick again.

"Uh- sex, no, food," Nick was saying. "Actually I don't know. I need both." He chuckled. He is a douche.

"You are sick." Jess said and we laughed.

"Derina will you come with me please?" My Mom said in a business like tone.

I walked with her. This was the moment I was dreading the most.

"I want you to meet Christopher Denton." She said and I saw an attractive man standing in front of me. He actually was good looking and handsome. My Mom's taste was perfect.

"Hi Derina. Happy birthday." He said.

"Thanks, nice to meet you." I said and he shook my hand.

"Dad?" A voice said.

I looked to my right and shit. It was Macy Denton. The girl I've seen with Mason, in alot of gossip. Oh my God my Mother was dating her Father.