dance with me - SIRIUS

YOUNG!SIRIUS BLACK x READER

In which two young adults meet at a DJ live set to party and dance the night away

--

        The music boomed through the speakers. Sweaty bodies dancing to match the beat of the melody the DJ played. The bass of the music filled everyone's soul, pounded into them as they danced the night away like there was no tomorrow.

        The crowd seemed to have an amazing time.

        Y/N was sitting quietly at the bar area of the party, she wasn't much of a dancer. She was persuaded by a friend to come to the event, quite frankly. Her friend had ditched her the moment they entered the party, now that she was her ride she couldn't leave. Instead, she chose to sit quietly at the bar paying no mind to anyone.

        The girl remembered she brought her book with her as if knowing she wasn't going to socialize. The bartender came by her, a rag in his hand as he was cleaning the counter. "Hey doll, would can I get ya?"

        She looked up, smiling, "Just a glass of ice water would be fine." The bartender gave her a bizarre look but nonetheless obeyed her wish.

        "A glass of ice water? Really? How boring." A man's voice came from beside her, his large body taking a seat next to her at the bar.

        Her attention was drifted from her book at the offensive comment. "Excuse me? Boring? Me? You've got to be joking, I'm-" She finally looked up from the book to meet the face of an extremely attractive man, a glimmer being evident in his dark eyes.

        He smirked, "Yes, I called you boring. It's quite obvious actually. You come to a live set party, where everyone's dancing, socializing, and just having a great time. Instead of doing that you're sitting at the bar, all alone, reading a book, and ordering a glass of water. Out of all drinks, water." The mysterious man chuckled.

        A scowl made its way on the girl's face, "I don't think you have the right to just put your nose into my business when you're obviously not wanted. And, if you must know, I did come with a friend and I don't plan on drinking tonight because I'll most definitely be the one that's going to end up driving."

        The smirk wouldn't leave his face though. "Driving is no excuse to the fact that you can't order your drinks well."

        The girl scoffed, "And you can?" Y/N challenged the obnoxious man.

        "I sure can."

        She rolled her eyes, "Prove it."

        He sent a smug smile her way, calling over the bartender, "Hey, good man! A Heineken, please."

        Y/N rolled her eyes. "Beer? That's so basic."

        "It's a classic drink, at least I didn't order a glass of water." He started to chuckle immensely, showing off his pearly whites.

        "You're really not gonna let that go will you?" She grinned at the man who she still didn't learn the name of. At the shake of his head as a response to her question, she spoke, "Alright fine. I'm gonna show you what it's like when I'm not boring. A tequila, please." She ordered politely to the bartender.

        "Atta girl!" He encouraged her. Their drinks being handed to them, "Thank you, kind sir." The man bowed in a hysterical way.

        The girl giggled, shaking her head, she turned to him. "You know, I never actually got your name."

        "It's Black. Sirius Black." Taking a swing out of his beer, Sirius spoke, "What about you, pretty lady?

        She laughed, her shoulders shaking, "Y/L/N. Y/N Y/L/N." Y/N replied, mimicking his dramatic tone.

        Sirius chuckled, turning to look at her, "Wanna dance?"

        The girl skillfully chugged her drink, tilting her head back for her drink to hit the back of her throat, she swallowed. Making a face and letting a fresh breath of air, so looked at Sirius, "I don't dance with strange men that call me boring and judge the drink I order." She sent a grin his way.

        He smiled, looking at the ground, suddenly finding his shoes the most interesting thing in the world. "Well, you can take my words back once you show me your moves on the dancefloor."

        Y/N looked at him, unamused. She waved her hand at him, "Maybe later."

        "Maybe now." Sirius stood up from his seat, moving to where she was sitting beside him, grabbing her hand and making her leave the bar and move onto the dancefloor.

        She groaned, "I'm not the best dancer."

        He sent a smile her way, "So what? Just loosen up, just have a little fun."

        The bass was blasting through the speakers, the bass booming in time with the beat of both Sirius' and Y/N's hearts as they moved through the crowd. They chose a spot to be the most secluded, Sirius letting go of Y/N's hand and letting his body move with the music. She tried her best to sway with the music, swaying her hips from side to side effortlessly. 

        He smiled down at her, noticing their height difference. Sirius let his hands settle down on her hips, his masculine hands settling on her delicate hips as they moved together.

        That was the night where Y/N had fun with a handsome stranger, not caring about where her friend had run off to, not caring that she may have a hangover from the number of drinks they had after they arrived back to the bar. She wanted to live and not be boring.

--

i don't even know how i wanted to end this.

and yes, here i am, back to writing oneshots again after getting over my slump that lasted for months. i want to continue writing bc it completes that empty feeling inside of me whenever i have some sort of inspiration somehow and don't know how to express it, even though it's through fanfiction. i'll definitely continue writing now that i know you guys like my oneshots from the amount of reads that i got on the book.

word count: 914