feelings - DRAMIONE

DRACO x HERMIONE (DRAMIONE)

In which Draco has feelings for Hermione, and Hermione has feelings for Draco; yet their different blood status makes them doubt their love for each other

--

        He never held such a thing as "feelings." People usually feel it once in their lifetime for someone that's truly special. That special person in his eyes, is indeed, Hermione Granger. The youngsters haven't gotten along well at first, though. With Draco's power to act like an absolute prick to anyone he meets, along with Hermione's cleverness and the power to control people, those traits were what made them not get along with one another.

        Soon he notices the little things that she did that had never caught his attention before. Such as tucking a strand of her untamed bushy-chestnut hair behind her elf-shaped ear, and knitting her full eyebrows in concentration, and the way her honey eyes lit up in excitement.

        The platinum-haired man stared off into the distance, thinking of the chestnut-headed girl, as they were sat on the high stool of the potions room. She was only a few feet away from him, her back was turned to him.

        His chin was in the palm of his pale hand, as he thought about her. But his mind also shifted to their blood status, she's a muggle and he's a pureblood. She's a Gryffindor and he's a Slytherin, it's forbidden. He has to stop.

--

        Dawn had come, Hermione Granger was laid upon her bed staring at the ceiling in front of her eyes. Thinking about a certain silver-haired man. Lately, all of her thoughts have roamed around him, and him only. She couldn't concentrate on anyone or anything else but him.

        Of course, she had feelings for Draco. This only emotion she had felt could only be feelings of devotion and possibly love.

        Being the further thinker that she is, her mind went to their houses and blood status. He's a pureblood and she's a muggle. He's in Slytherin and she's in Gryffindor, it's forbidden.

        At that moment, in the Slytherin Common Room, sat the gang of four. In the green couches sat none other than Pansy Parkinson, Blaise Zabini, Theodore Nott, and Draco. A bottle of firewhiskey in Blaises' hand, as he was passing it around the group of friends. They were all laughing at nothing, but everything. Draco, especially, was laughing along, with his high-pitched, wholehearted laugh.

        Pansy interrupted the laughter, getting up stumbling a bit while doing so. "Well, I'm gonna go up to bed." As the sentence left her mouth all the boys playfully booed at her. The jet-black headed girl shook her head sticking her tongue out, "Oh sod off! It's late and I'm really tired."

        With that, Theo got up from his spot on the couch also. "Yeah, I think I'm gonna go to bed too. See you all in the morning." Though, the two did have a point, it was late. It was around 1 in the morning and everyone knew that they were going to have a hangover in the morning.

        The two went up to their rooms, whereas Blaise and Draco were left laying on the couch lazily. The dark-skinned fellow turned towards his best friend smirking, "So anyone ya fancy nowadays?"

        The pale-skinned man clicked his tongue, shaking his head. "Nah, not really. N-Not in mind, no."

        Blaise knew his best friend, he knew when he was lying, and he knew when he was telling the truth. The man just gave his friend a knowing look and smacked his arm with the back of his hand, in a playful manner. "Stop lying to me Malfoy, I know when you're lying. Especially since I saw you staring at Granger during Potions." He smirked at him.

        "What are you talking about? I don't like her that way..." He trailed off. "But I do like the way that she smiles, and the two tall dimples that are followed when she does... and I like the way that she laughs, it's like a whole orchestra in my ears. I also like the way that she uses her brain, I know it's weird but I love a girl that's intelligent and smart..."

        He wanted to continue but Blaise interrupted him before he went any further, "Oh my...mate, you love her." Blaise gasped at the man in front of him who, even in his drunken state, still maintained a serious reaction.

        "Pft, no I don't..."

        "You just stated the many ways that men admire in a girl that they're in love with, so it's pretty obvious you're in love with her."

        The platinum-haired man stood up, slightly off-balance. "Wow, you're right. I'm bloody in love with her. And I'm gonna go tell her right now!" He shouted the end. To which Blaise had to shush him, chuckling at his drunken state.

        "You can't tell her right now, it's late. Tell her in the morning or something because I'm going to bed." With that Blaise went up to his dorm room, leaving Draco there grinning like an idiot.

        "I love Hermione Granger." He whispered to himself. He never knew he would fall in love with someone that has a different blood status as him.

--

word count: 840