inked flowers and words - EDMUND

MODERN AU!EDMUND PEVENSIE X READER

SOULMATE AU - In a universe in which one can draw on their skin and it appears on their soulmates arm

SOULMATE AU - In a universe in which one can draw on their skin and it appears on their soulmates arm. Edmund is artistic and draws about anything that comes to mind on his arm, it appears on Y/N's arm as well. Y/N is a forgetful person that has to draw all her reminders on her arm, appearing on Edmund's arm. Y/N likes to look at the beautiful blossoms that her soulmate draws, while Edmund tries to interpret the reminders that his soulmate writes.

--

        HE DRAWS FLOWERS on his arm because he's artistic. She writes words on her arm because she's disorganized. 

        At times Y/N admires the beautiful flowers her soulmate imprints on her arm that fades days later. Edmund tries to decipher the little reminders that his soulmate writes in their disordered handwriting.

        Dentist appointment at 3 pm.

        Hair appointment at 1 pm.

        Meet up with friends at the coffee shop at 6 pm.

        It always brightened his day when he saw the messy writing forming on his arm. He tried to decipher the reminders in order to try and find a way to meet with them.

        Y/N felt the same whenever Edmund's inked flowers would appear on her arm. She felt a smile come across her face during a tiresome lecture at her university course, it always made her morning to see the magnificent wildflowers as she rested her head on the desk, the professor's voice fading out.

        As soon as the lecture has ended and all the students leave their seats, she would get up from her chair, stop to look down at her arm once again, scrambles to find a pen and scribbling "go to the park around the afternoon."

        She would then go to the park nearby after her classes just to stare at the beautiful flowers that the place had offered. Little did she know that Edmund was sitting a few feet away from her, sketching on his sketchpad using the flowers as inspiration.

--

        Today was different. The girl woke up late, missed two of her classes, and didn't have her morning coffee.

        All on top of that her soulmate didn't draw any flowers on her arm.

        That had seemingly ruined her entire day. She went to the park to cool down and to stare at the flowers that didn't appear on her arm the entire day.

        Her chest was rising, and she felt her temperature rising. She didn't realize that the drawings of a bunch of flowers had taken that much of a toll on her. Y/N was wondering how her soulmate was doing. Were they alright? Did something happen?

        Her over thinking was suddenly stopped when a throat being cleared could be heard near her, she looked up to be met with a gentle pair of brown eyes and disheveled dark hair that she had the extreme urge to run her fingers through. 

        "Excuse me, um, do you mind if I sit here? I usually sit here to admire the flowers..."

        She offered him a meek smile, realizing that he was referring to the seat next to her on the bench. "I don't mind at all." He sent her a dazzling smile, sitting beside her. "I usually come here to also look at the flowers, usually because it reminds me of a certain someone." She merely scoffed wearily.

        "Oh, I just come here for inspiration."

        "For what?" She asked.

        "Drawing."

        The moment those words escaped his lips, Y/N's heart skipped a beat, leaving her breathless. He was about to reach into his satchel to take out an object when he seemed to realize something.

        "Shit." A curse escaped his lips. Before Y/N could ask what happened he answered his question for her, "I forgot my sketchbook at home." Then he reached into his satchel again, "Aha!" He deviously smiled, a pen in his hand.

        The mysterious boy started to ink his arm by tracing lines as a base. The lines started to appear on Y/N's arm. Her eyes widened in shock, her heart still pounding maniacally.

        She struggled to find a pen from her bag, though when she did she wrote a little note on the same spot that the lines are surfacing.

        "Found you."

        The two soulmates looked each other in the eyes. And that was the moment when black and white finally turned into color.

        "You know, you're such a softie." The girl started.

        He smiled, "Yeah, to you." He chuckled, making Y/N laugh along with him. "But how might I ask?"

        "The fact that you always draw flowers instead of doing something productive with your life."

        "If it's all it takes for you to manage a smile on your face I could care less."

--

word count: 708