ocean eyes (2 + final) - JAMES

YOUNG!JAMES POTTER x READER

In which months following of James and Y/N not talking to one another, they finally do and ended it with a bang

inspired by the "ocean eyes" by billie eilish

--

        Days turned into weeks and weeks turned into months of the former friends ever speaking to each other. Y/N, feeling embarrassed by her outburst and ever falling for the brown-haired daydream. James, feeling disappointed that he ever made the bet with his friends making Y/N think that she was a sort of bet.

        As the time passed, they would spot each other in the sea of people in various places around the school. Y/E/C eyes would meet ocean blue eyes, and it felt like time stopped and they were the only two people in the universe. The longings would show in their eyes, Y/N being the first to look away, leaving James heartbroken each and every time.

        But one day, it all changes. It was during the night, everyone started going into their beds preparing for the night's sleep to take over their body, the teachers, and prefects roaming the halls doing their duty of keeping the school safe. The crickets were sound chirping on the campus of Hogwarts.

        James was sat in the Gryffindor Common Room, staring into the fire. The sound of the chirping crickets and the crackling and sizzling of the fire in front of him making him feel comfortable in the state he's in. His brown hair was messy from a number of times that he ran his hand through it in agitation, dark circles implanted under his eyes, the lack of sleep getting to him. He sat on the burgundy couch of the common room with a defeated look, the girl is in the very center of his clouded surrounding thoughts.

        He abruptly got up, grabbing his invisibility cloak in order to not get caught roaming the halls during this outrageous hour. The tall boy was just about to leave the common room when he bumped into a figure that was about to come in the room.

        Y/N.

        Her eyes met his and they both ignored the feeling that always had them feeling so weak in the knees. She thought of a snarky reply when he interrupted her and her surrounding thoughts, "I-I was just leaving."

        "I was just going in."

        Those were the only words exchanged between the pair after not talking for months.

        "Okay," James replied.

        "Okay." The girl in front of him fought back, crossing her arms over her chest. He took this time to scan her, she had the same dark circles under her eyes making it more evident having milk-like skin, her hair was up in a messy ponytail, baby hairs sticking out making it seem like she raked her hand through her Y/H/C hair multiple amounts of times. He came to the conclusion that she was in the same state that he was in.

        With a nod of his head, he walked past her only to hear something escape her lips, suddenly turning around to face her once again. "Didn't know I was that much of a game to you, anyway."

        "Hey, you were never a game to me. I would never do that to you-" He started his voice harsh, interrupted by Y/N.

        "Then why fucking did you!?"

        "-because I love you dammit!" He spoke, his voice booming the common room. Then, there was silence. The girl had a defeated look on her face, while James was looking at the girl with sensitive eyes.

        She hesitated with her next step, latched onto his wrist and pulled him down to her lips. "I love you too." She whispered, then sealed the gap between them with a kiss.

--

word count: 573