cold coffee - JAMES

YOUNG!JAMES POTTER x READER

In which she's like cold coffee in the morning, and he's like last night's whiskey and coke

inspired by the song "cold coffee" by ed sheeran

--

        The cool September wind was blowing over the streets of where Y/N's apartment was located. A party taking place at the apartment complex the previous night, the aroma of the living room still smelling of alcohol and sweat that morning. The girl woke up with constant pangs of banging in her head, the simple reason being that she had too much to drink. Regret filled her insides when she noticed a body lying beside her, shirtless. Her blurry vision started to become clear as she opened her eyes wider than they were before. It was James Potter.

        Her eyes were still wide open, she looked down to see that her clothes were still on. She sighed a sigh of relief, but that still doesn't answer her question as to what he was doing in her bed, laying beside her fast asleep. The Y/H/C girl tried to think back to the events that happened last night, that was then when she remembered that she let him stay in her apartment since he was too intoxicated to even walk back to his own apartment.

        The girl was about to slip out of her queen size bed when James decided to dip in beside her and wrap his strong arms around her. Her Y/E/C eyes widened once she realized what he was doing, he was spooning her. She tried to get out of his extremely strong grip but accidentally woke him up.

        His soft brown hair tickled her neck when he struggled to open his eyes, but once he did he fully became aware of what he was doing. "Um, well... this is awkward..." His raspy voice trailed off, a shudder forming in her spine. He let go of her, leaving Y/N feeling cold. There was silence between the two young adults for a minute or more, until James decided to clear up the pin-dropping silence, speaking again with his rough voice. "W-We didn't do anything did we?"

       The girl slowly turned to his part of the bed in which he was lying in, "You really don't remember?" With a shake of his head, Y/N decided to continue, "You were fucking shitface drunk man, you obviously couldn't go home in that state, so I let you sleep on my couch. But I don't know how you got into my bed during the night."

        James nodded in understanding but facepalmed when he realized what he did during the night. "Y/N, I sleepwalk."

        Y/N was about to crack up laughing when she saw that he seemed a bit embarrassed, "I-I think we should eat breakfast..."

        "You don't mind if I use your bathroom, do you?" A sheepish James asked.

        "Not at all, I'll use the one downstairs then." The pair parted their separate ways and once their daily tasks have been completed, they were sat on the table in the kitchen. "Tea or coffee?"

        "I'm still drunk off last nights whiskey and coke." He smiled. Y/N laughed, he furrowed his brows in confusion. It didn't seem like he was joking, yet he chuckled along with her melodious laugh, still not knowing what she was laughing about.

        She boiled her coffee, then adding a specific amount of two lumps of sugar. The boy's eyebrows raised, an amused look on her face. The girl then remembered something, James could sense it, as if a lightbulb lit up on the top of her head. "I gotta make tea."

        He stiffed out a slight chuckle, "You drink coffee and tea?" Y/N looked at him as if he had multiple heads, then nodded slowly. The brunet grinned, "I'll have a cup then."

        A shimmer settled in her Y/E/C eyes, a smile forming on her face at the statement that left his lips. However, once she had made the coffee for James eventually her coffee got cold.

--

word count: 625