flirtationship - FRED

FRED WEASLEY x READER

In which Fred and Y/N have a flirty relationship, (and/or a "flirtationship") however when he catches sight of her at the Yule Ball, his feelings blossom into something more than that

--

        "Oi Weasley got anyone you're takin' to the Yule Ball?" Y/N shouted to Fred across the hallway, once she had sighted the redhead, who was talking to his twin brother, George.

        The tall boy looked up to see the girl that he had flirted with back and forth, the girl that somehow always leaves him breathless with her witty remarks and sassy nature. His lips quirked a bit into a faint smile, the smile had vanished when she neared, only to be replaced with a smirk. That didn't go unnoticed by his brother though, keeping in mind to taunt him about it later.

        "No, not yet," he paused, "why? Were you gonna ask me?"

        She mirrored his smirk, a devious look settling in her eyes, "...I don't know, maybe. Maybe not, who knows?" Y/N shrugged innocently, biting her lip. Out from a distance, she heard her name being called, along with a "come on!" Knowing it came from her friend, she bid the boy a farewell. "I'll see you there." The girl challenged, along with a flirty wink.

        Once Y/N had turned around, Fred's eyes were practically bursting out of their sockets, trying to take in the sight before him as George knowingly smirked.

--

        On the night of the Yule Ball, everyone was ready and excited to party all night. Couples were proceeding down the staircase that led to the Grand Hall, Fred was hanging around there also, all cleaned up and put together that a group of girls couldn't help the giggles that escaped their mouths.

        The giggles stopped when heels clicked their way down the stairs, Fred looked up to see something indescribable, that the simple word "beautiful" couldn't be used if he were to describe the girl that was descending down the stairs.

        It was Y/N. Her hair and makeup done to perfection, her long dress cascading stopping at her ankles as it hugged her curves, complimenting her figure.

        Then there was Fred, at the very bottom of the stairs looking as dumbfounded as ever. The girl smirked, once she had reached the base of the stairs, was eye-to-eye with the redhead, she began to speak. "Are you checking me out?"

        The boy then realized what he was doing, recollecting himself, all the while clearing his throat while scoffing, "Heh, you wish."

        It was at that moment that she smiled up at him, it then dawned on him, as cheesy as it sounded, that she had the most stunning smile that he had ever seen. Dimples imprinted on each side, and sparkly eyes looking up at him.

        He realized he was staring too long when she snapped her fingers at him, making him freeze up, feeling self conscious, all of a sudden.

        She looked back at him in confusion, he looked at her with a blank stare trying to regain his confidence. Fred then thought "fuck it" and decided to say the words he's been keeping to himself since he first met Y/N.

        "I didn't know I could feel this way, til I met you."

        The girl stared back shocked, looking back into his eyes to see the gentle, caring look he had always carried in his expression. She was breathless. She chose to seal the uncomfortable atmosphere with a kiss.

--

word count: 542