not a chance, potter (2) - JAMES

YOUNG!JAMES POTTER x READER

  In which James is a cocky flirt and Y/N is hard to get

--

        She was still sick of him. Sick of his stupid face, his stupid smile with his pearly white teeth, his 'accidental' hand slips every time they were beside each other, the tingling feeling she got whenever he did these things.

        She was sick of it because she didn't want to believe it- that she was falling for him.

        It was the Christmas season, her favorite holiday-ironically, his too. They agreed to meet at the Room of Requirement to finish the project. The moment she entered she was greeted by a cozy fireplace, couches and beanbag chairs. The only place she loved of Hogwarts, the Gryffindor common room.

        The girl made herself comfortable by plopping down onto the main couch, then grabbing the utilities need from her worn-out schoolbag.

        As Y/N was about to work, she was distracted by the doors of the room opening. A figure was a few feet from her, once she had turned her heads towards the person she noticed it was just James.

        However, in her mind, it wasn't 'just James' by the way her heart rate started picking up, and when her palms started to become very sweaty.

        "Hi." The boy goofily smiled at her, she gently smiled back at him muttering back a greeting at the Potter boy. "Sorry I'm late, my stupid friends caught me up with something... d'you start without me?"

        "U-Uh, no I came in about two minutes before you did." She blushed at her stuttering, mentally cursing herself.

        The boy nodded happily. "So... y'gonna miss me when we finish this project?"

        The girl rolled her eyes. "Shut up, Potter."

        He shook his head beginning to grin, "Worth a shot." Grabbing his quill and ink, then began to furiously write. Though Y/N couldn't help but sneak a quick glance at him as he wrote, smiling a bit to herself while shaking her head.

--

the final part is next!

word count: 312