ocean eyes (1) - JAMES

YOUNG!JAMES POTTER x READER

In which Y/N has a thing for mysterious men with ocean blue eyes

inspired by the song "ocean eyes" by billie eilish

--

        With her head resting on the palm of her hand, she stared. She stared at him and only him. The James Potter, prankster, mischief-causer, and mysterious. The brunet man seems like an ordinary guy and anyone could figure him out in just a minute. But he's always been a mystery to Y/N. She's been watching him for some time, she couldn't stop staring at those ocean eyes. She has only ever heard of him around the school, mostly by her good friend Lily. The redhead would always complain about how annoying he was, though the girl just shrugged it off, not knowing enough of his personality to call him annoying and such names.

        Days had passed. Being woken up late, and her roommate not bothering to wake her up, she was rushing to charms. Hair disheveled, school uniform undone, she was a complete mess.With her luck, she had run into someone. Books falling, papers scattering the marble floors, she glanced at the person who she had collided with. Right as she tried to apologize, the girl was cut off with an "I'm sorr-" leaving her lips. It felt as if the air was knocked out of her the moment she looked at the most beautiful pair of ocean blue eyes she had seen with her dull Y/E/C eyes.

        They looked into each other's eyes and it felt like they were in a movie. As if they were the only two people in this universe, as cheesy as it sounds. The two finally broke eye contact, and Y/N felt a bit disappointed. "Here, let me help." James uttered. She smiled with gratefulness.

        Ever since then, they've been inseparable; they became best friends and told each other anything and everything. The Marauders would tease him once in a while for being so vanilla around her, he would just shake them off.

        Her feelings for him never disappeared though.

        In the Gryffindor Common Room one day, she overheard something she shouldn't have overheard in the first place. The girl stopped in her tracks when she heard Sirius' voice, "Oh God, Prongs you've turned into such a puppy when you're around her."

        Y/N hid behind the door, wanting to hear this. "I'm not Padfoot! She's just a friend." James tried to defend himself.

        "Oh who are you kidding, you're in loveee." Remus poked fun, extending the word 'love.' The rest of the Marauders chuckled, while Y/N gave a breathy giggle herself, wanting all of that to be true.

        "Okay, you know what? I bet 10 galleon's that you won't be able to kiss her." Sirius smirked. The girl's smile dropped.

        Laughs erupted the Common Room, all belonging to the three Marauders, James Potter not joining in. When the laughs died down there was a moment of silence, "I'll take that bet." Prongs said, slapping 10 galleon's into the dark-haired man's hand.

        Finally, Y/N popped up from her hiding spot in rage, "Wow, so you think I'm some sort of fucking bet!? Well, you thought wrong!"

        She started to exit the Common Room when James stopped her by grabbing her wrist. When the girl turned towards him with tears in her eyes, he felt a pang in his heart. "You know what, I can't believe I ever fell for you!" Then she screamed the words that James never wanted to hear from her, "I hate you!"

        He really knew how to make her cry when he gave her those ocean eyes, she was scared. She had never fallen quite this high, falling into his ocean eyes. Those ocean eyes.

--

part 2, the final part, is next -->

word count: 602