they always come back - SIRIUS

SIRIUS BLACK x READER

In which post-years following since Sirius and Y/N last saw each other, when Sirius sees Y/N again she can't seem to remember who's eyes she is looking into to

--

        She has known Sirius Black since they were little kids playing at each other's houses — role-playing as the princess and the frog. He would leap around the grass of his backyard just like a frog that was dressed as a little prince and Y/N would boss him around with her magic wand — also known as her trusty whisk — dressed as a little princess just as how she read in her books.

        He was her best friend, her neighbor, and a family friend. One and the other had come from pureblood families. The Black family was strict, always setting rules and regulations for their kids in order for them to succeed in their life. On the other hand, the Y/L/N family wasn't as strict as the Blacks, they wanted their bloodline to go forward and for their kids to succeed but they didn't want to order them around to the point where they feel as if they don't belong to their own family and/or feel as if they were a prisoner.

        They eventually grew older and as older as they got they started sharing their families beliefs and secrets. During the early ages of their childhood, they would make a fort out of blankets and comforters at each other's houses and go in there just to discuss how unfair their families treated them. Sirius got to know how Y/N's parents are more understanding than his own, while Y/N got to know how Sirius' parents are the other way around and don't understand his own feelings at that young of an age.

        A few years passed, but by age eleven they both got their acceptance letters to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. The moment that Y/N held the letter in her hands that was addressed directly to her, she ran off to where her little legs could take her — Sirius' house. He was doing the exact same thing the moment he got his own letter that was addressed to him, he ran through his house and exited through the back door.

        On the way to his destination, he saw her with delight etched on her face, a similar delightful expression that matched his. That was when the both of them bumped heads accidentally, plopping down on their bottoms and onto the grass-covered ground.

        An "ow.." escaped their lips, their hands softly rubbing their heads that banged upon the other person. A bruise will most definitely show by the next day.

        "I wanted to tell you that I got my Hogwarts letter..." Sirius confessed while painfully smiling, still rubbing his head softly.

        "Same here." Y/N replied.

        The two exchanged their letters and read them to one another, still laying on the grass of each other's backyards.

        A month or two passed which then came the month of September. The city of London welcomed the September chill that was breezing softly throughout the air. The childhood friends walked through King's Cross Station, hand in hand, their parents following behind them.