tango d'amore - TOM

YOUNG!TOM RIDDLE x READER

In which during a masquerade ball, Tom notices a girl from afar that caught his attention asking her to dance the tango with him

inspired by the tango song that i found that i was listening to as i wrote this, it's attached on the very top

--

        He was popular, he was cocky, he was perfect, and he knew it. He was Tom Riddle, the man who used his ability to charm people for his own delight, the man that had all the girls of Hogwarts swooning over him, the man that could get what he wants when he ordered it. Many people feared him, most people didn't.

        She didn't fear him, she was brave. She was Y/N Y/L/N--smartest student of her house, the girl that was sensitive, the girl that everyone respected for her kind heart, the girl that didn't have to use her charm to get what she wanted but used her fairness.

        They were polar opposites but somehow got along.

        "Amazing job, my boy, Tom! Ten points to Slytherin!" Professor Slughorn swooned at his favorite student, clapping his chubby hands excitedly.

        Tom smirked proudly, any girl would lovingly stare at his structured face with complete heart eyes. But not Y/N, she rolled her eyes at his "perfect" behavior, when she clearly saw through his masquerade. When her potions partner turned towards her, she put on the best fake smile she could. "Great job, Riddle."

        "Why thank you, Y/L/N. I'm glad someone finally gets to notice my many talents." He smirked in an obnoxious way, his face carried a pride emotion. She scoffed lightly, raising Tom's attention as he perked his ears at the girl beside her. "Anything wrong, Ms. Y/L/N?"

        If it was any girl that would've been in Y/N's position at the moment, talking to the heartbreaker of a man, who had used his charm, good looks, and wit towards her. The girls would've probably fallen in the arms of Tom Marvolo Riddle, but she was different. "Nobody is perfect, remember that." She sassily replied.

        The bell rang, signaling the students to make their way to their next class. Slughorn's voice erupted the class as he bid his students a fair well, "No homework tonight because of the masquerade ball, I hope to see you all there!"

        Tom didn't listen to his words, chasing after the girl that annoyed him with every fiber of his being. Finally spotting her Y/H/C hair in the crowd of students, chatting about the ball that will be taking place tonight at the Great Hall, he made his way to the girl pushing past students. Putting a hand on her shoulder, she didn't react in the slightest knowing it was only Tom. "What do you want?"

        He was a bit taken aback by the venom emerging through her voice, much like poison. He even forgot what he was going to tell her, so he thought of the second thing he was about to ask her, "I-I hope I'll be seeing you at the ball tonight..."